Thread: cannot differentiate between KDE and Gnome GUI managers in Linux mint

cannot differentiate between KDE and Gnome GUI managers in Linux mint

I have installed Linux Mint on my laptop, and am at present a dual-boot user as I have said already , as far as this operating system is considered a lots of games and graphics applications are not well supported by this operating system, but I am not pretty sure about this , I may be wrong in this case , however my question is I cannot differentiate between the Gnome and the KDE GUI managers that are being used in the Linux operating system. I cannot find any other difference apart from the appearance in these managers, I a eagerly waiting for your response.

Re: cannot differentiate between KDE and Gnome GUI managers in Linux mint

The one Mint version that actually stands out from remaining of the Linux versions is the Debian edition, because it makes the use of the Debian testing storage area and is projected as a rolling version of that operating system , it is expected so , because it will enable many such big feature and you will never feel that a newer version should installed many Linux mint versions including AFAIK make use of Ubuntu repositories.

KDE is an international freeware society that produces an incorporated set of cross-platform software designed to execute on Linux and along eith that it will also work on Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X platforms. It is most recognized for Plasma Desktop, which is a desktop environment that gives a healthy and efficient working environment for a large number of Linux distributions such as as the default working environment on many Linux distributions, such as openSUSE and Chakra GNU/Linux.

GNOME is also a desktop environment—a a GUI that executes on top of a computer operating system—composed completely of application that are free and open source .It is an global plan that includes developing software development frameworks, choosing application programs for the systems particularly desktop computers , and working on the application that handle application launching, file management and other fundamental tasks that includes management of Windows , and window and task management.