Thread: Could not locate Netbeans in Linux Mint 10

Could not locate Netbeans in Linux Mint 10

I am a college student of the IT field and last night while browsing the internet there was virus attack. So I reformatted the whole system and freshly installed Linux mint10 operating system on it. Also I updated all my drivers and my system was working fine. I wanted to install Netbeans on my Mint 10 platform so I downloaded the Netbeans and now in the App launcher I cannot see any Netbeans entry and I don't know where it was installed so I can run it. What can I do to troubleshoot this problem?

Re: Could not locate Netbeans in Linux Mint 10

If you are not finding the Netbeans that you have installed on you system then it should be under Applications > Programming. If the programming is missing from the menu then you can enable it. To enable the Programming you may need to go to Applications>Preferences>Main Menu and click on the Programming checkbox. Now the Programming checkbox will appear and you can find the installed Netbeans from it.

If you are not finding the installed Netbeans on your system then you can easily find it. To find the Netbeans you may need to login into the system. After you have successfully logged in the system then you may need to open the terminal window. You can open the terminal window by going to the Application/Accessories. You need to type “netbeans” command and press the enter key from the keyboard. If the Netbeans are installed then it will be displayed in the terminal window.

I was not finding the installed Netbeans. Thanks for providing me the solution. I have opened the terminal window, typed the “Netbeans” command and pressed the enter key. The Netbeans that was installed was displayed in the terminal window. Now I want to install Netbeans on Ubuntu platform and therefore I need the installation steps which will help me in installing Netbeans on Ubuntu platform.