Thread: Windows 7 client problem while opening PDF documents

Windows 7 client problem while opening PDF documents

I have a problem with windows 7 x64 Professional clients. These are: The clients are looking for on a network drive for PDF documents that works beautifully and quite quickly. But sometimes it takes several minutes for this thing. The problem as such does not always occur, but sporadic. I can narrow the problem in any way. This problem occurs with all of our clients Professional x64 Windows 7. These are from HP, but as far as the hardware equipped differently. That is, from the normal office PCs to the CAD workstation everything. The clients (Windows 7) access to a Windows 2003 R2 Sericepack 2 computers (32 bit). On this release have been created in which the data is available. The share is accessed via a network drive. These are the login via login script (net use) involved in the NETLOGON folder. On both the client and the server are the latest patches etc. installed. Even the Adobe PDF Reader is up to date. Is there anyone else is facing same problem or can provide a solution for the same.

Re: Windows 7 client problem while opening PDF documents

Before providing you any solution I have to understand what is exactly causing the problems. I know answers to some questions. Normal browsing of your system is fast or slow regardless of your network. Have you updated all your client machines or not, because if you have not updated then the first thing you have to do is to update the system. Try to uninstall and reinstall the software that you are using for reading pdf documents. If you can provide answers for these questions then I can help you to resolve the issue that you are facing. I hope you understand what I am trying to convey.

Thank you for the suggestion that you have given I have checked things and the browsing is normal, I mean to say that it is not giving me any problem. I have read one article related to this where, it is suggested to use recovery CD or DVD for this purpose. One more thing was mentioned there, that is to check for the drivers for getting rid of the problem. I am going to try to turn off via netsh. I have tried this thing for checking whether it is working without the reboot or not. Unfortunately it is not working. If you have any other advice then please let me know about the same.

This is a great nuisance and may in fact be the problem. Attempt an installation with a pure Windows 7 DVD. If this goes well, you know where to start for this thing. A virtual machine has no NIC? One more thing on which host is having virtual machine. The VM is running on ESXi. Thus, one cannot update the NIC as such update, but should have the VMware Tools. Which would in turn attract an OS update the ESXi with it. Try the first time the netsh alternative to disable the function. Otherwise you have to choose the OS version of the client operating system.

You have a license for Windows 7 PC. Whether you bring this through HP Recovery CDs to your computer or on another Windows 7 DVD it does not matter. Hence there is no question of license fees. Known issues with Adobe Acrobat and 64-bit Windows is the lack of functions with respect to handlers, and preview thumbnails for it and you can download these things from the official site of Adobe. After you update the system from Adobe site you will not face any kind of performance issues. I hope that this will help you to solve the issue that you are facing.

I think that I should wait for the replies from other users, actually I have updated everything and also tried to uninstall and reinstall each and every software utility that I can use but the problem still persist. I think that this problem is related to network card that we are using or the driver for that network card. Because this the only option left for trying with my system. If this solve the problem that I am facing then it will be great but if it does not solve the problem that I am facing with the pdf file then the only option is to wait for the response from other users. Anyways thank for providing suggestions.