Thread: windows 7 photo viewer not working

windows 7 photo viewer not working

After upgrade my Dell Inspiron laptop into windows 7 platform, it gives a particular error message with the photo viewer application program. The problem is whenever I tried to open any photo with the default windows 7 photo viewer application it flashes a message that, the application is not able to open the photo, need to upgrade into latest version. It also now allows me to save any photo in my favorite folder, for this unknown error message. What should I do to solve this issue? Any suggestion on this will be appreciated greatly...

Re: windows 7 photo viewer not working

I think the photo that you are trying to open in your machine, the extension of that file is not compatible with the photo viewer application. As per my knowledge the .jpeg format is can open the default photo viewer application of any windows version, so if the file extension is not in that format then tried to download any third party conversion software, to convert the photo file extension. Install and open the application program, now select that photo which is not opening and convert it with the desire extension. Now try to open this photo with your windows default photo viewer application program. I suggest you this process because I had the similar issue my machine, this is running with windows vista platform. The windows default photo viewer application program is not support all file extensions.

I would like to suggest you to run the System file checker tool program in your machine (SFC.exe), I think there must be some of the system files are corrupted or damaged. So by this program you can able to locate by which file this problem occurs. Open the command prompt from the All programs> Accessories, run the commend prompt by run ad administrator option. It will ask you to enter the administrative password, insert this one and allow to beginning the scan process. Run sfc /scannow, this will check all system files whether these are properly working or not. If there is any incorrect version of file is running then by the System file checker program it will replace, and I hope by this your problem will be solved.

I am using a Google product which is named as Picasa photo viewer tool, which compatible with any windows version. I recommend you to install this application tool. This is very good photo viewer program, and by this you can able to open almost every type f photos. This application also allows you to upload photo in the local machine n ad some other online web sites. This also works as the photo edit manager. You can edit, crop, and can apply effect and other advanced option to make any photo much beautiful for viewing or to uploading. This is a multipurpose photo viewer application program, much better than the windows default photo viewer program.

I had the similar issue with my windows 7 photo viewer application program, after that I searched everywhere for the solution, and by a simple solution I fix the problem. So now I am going to explain what I did to solve this problem, along with that I recommend you to follow this process, this will definitely help you to solve your windows 7 photo viewer problem. First I process to Hardware and Sound under Control Panel and from there i open Color Management window. Select the display device from the drop down list, and check on “Use my setting for this device” box. Now click on Add option, and choose the desire color profile according to the machine environment. Set the changes as default. Reboot the machine and problem solved; now I can able to see any photo in my photo9 viewer application. And by this process I think the color effect in my machine is getting very much effective.