Thread: Clam antivirus scan not visible in Mint 10 menu

Clam antivirus scan not visible in Mint 10 menu

I have been using Mint 10 operating on my desktop from last one month and I was not having any antivirus software installed on it. Last night while browsing the internet there was virus attack on my system and due to this virus attack my operating system files got corrupted. My operating system got completely crashed and the system was failed to start up. So I formatted the system and installed Linux mint10 operating system on it. I also installed Clam antivirus so that my system could be protected. Initially scanning could be visible on the Mint Menu but now the application is only available on Right-Click as "Open with Virus Scanner". I wanted to get the scan back into the menu but I am unaware of the steps to perform it and therefore I need a solution for this problem.

Re: Clam antivirus scan not visible in Mint 10 menu

Clam antivirus is a freeware, cross-platform antivirus software tool-kit available which is capable of detecting many types of malicious software, including viruses. It can also be used on mail servers as a server-side email virus scanner. If the scanning is not visible in Mint 10 menu then you can follow the steps given below which will help you in showing the scanning of system in the menu.
    1. You need to start the system and login into it as Administrator so that you can troubleshoot this problem.
    2. After the system has been started you need to right mouse button in menu icon and select “menu edit” option.
    3. Select necessary tab and then click on new item button.
    4. You need to write the name, command name in the command line write which runs the antivirus and then click on ok button.
    5. Now the scanning will be seen in Mint 10 menu.

While scanning the system with Clam antivirus, the scanning was not shown in the Mint 10 menu. Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution it was possible for me to set the scanning in the menu. While scanning is going on I am getting disk errors and therefore I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem easily and my system can go a long way without any error.

If you are getting disk error in Mint 10 operating system then you can easily troubleshoot it easily by following the steps given below:
    1. You need to start the system and then open the terminal window by going to the “Applications”/"Accessories”.
    2. You need to become root user so that you modify the Linux system by typing "su" command.
    3. Also you may need to authenticate yourself by typing your password and pressing "Enter" when prompted.
    4. In the terminal window you may need to type “shutdown -r -F now” command and press enter. Now the system will reboot and it will check for disk error by making use of “fdisk” command.
    5. You need to confirm fixing disk errors by pressing "y" and "Enter" if prompted. Now the disk error will be resolved easily.