Thread: Caps Lock indicator in Linux Mint

Caps Lock indicator in Linux Mint

I am using laptop but unfortunately Caps Lock key indicator light is not working on my laptop.Many of you know that Operating system has feature that Caps Lock is on or off. So I am requesting to you that is there any setting the Linux Mint that displays whether the Caps Lock is on or off? Is there any program available that might solve my problem? I am waiting for your prompt reply. Thanks in advance.

Re: Caps Lock indicator in Linux Mint

I don’t know about the Linux Mint but I can suggest you to about the Ubuntu. You can download Indicator-keylock from the internet and install into you Ubuntu. It will let you know the status of the keyboard lock keys. Once you have downloaded the application you can use the following command to install.
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tsbarnes/indicator-keylock && sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install indicator-keylock

From Applet Manager you can install the Lock-Keys applet.Once you have installed you have to right click on panel. Now choose Add to panel , search for the desired applet . From the bottom of right window choose add. Once it is placed it into the panel you have to right click on it . Now choose move and put where at the desired location. I hope above mention instructions will help you to solve your problem. Thanks for reading.

Well I am suggesting following line of code that you can write on the terminal and see whether it is working for you or not
    Code:
    xmodmap -e "remove lock = Caps_Lock
    If the above mention code is not working for you then you can also use the below mention code.
    Code:
    if [ "$PS1" ]; then
        # Disables the bloody CapsLock button
        xmodmap -e "remove lock = Caps_Lock"
    fi
    Please let me know if any of the solution worked for you or not. If you have got any solution from other forum please let me know so we can share your experience with others.