Thread: USB Stick is not recognized in the Linux Mint

USB Stick is not recognized in the Linux Mint

I am facing strange problem with my USB stick and I don’t know how to fix this problem. My USB stick is not recognized when it is connected to the USB port. However it is working perfectly in my Windows system so it makes sense that my USB stick is working properly. Due to this problem I am unable to deal with USB stick using with the Linux Mint. I am really helpless please let me know appropriate solution if you are having with you.

Re: USB Stick is not recognized in the Linux Mint

According to your situation I am telling you to do the following steps that can help you to solve your problem. Well you have to connect your USB stick with your computer.Run Disk Utility in your System option. Now search for the USB stick into left side of Disk Utility Pane. Into right pane you have to click on Mount volume. You will find path similar to /media/blahblahblah.You have to click on that which will open the file manger of your system. If an error causes during the opening of the file then you have to launch the file manager and manually navigate to the desired location.

If you want to know whether the USB is active or not you can use enter lsusb command on the terminal. If the USB is working properly then it will display following on the Terminal.
    Code:
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    If nothing is returned then it means USB is switched off from the BIOS. To turn on you have to restart the computer and enter into set up using Del or f2. After entering the set up you can configure and make enable the USB feature. Try it I hope it will help you to solve your problem.

I was also facing the same problem with my pen drive. After searching a lot on Google I got the solution from one of the forum. Well you have to do perform the following steps to get out from this situation. You have to disconnect the Pen drive if it is connected. Now you have to run the Terminal. To run the Terminal you have to go for Mint Menu then launch the Terminal. You have to enter following lines on the terminal sudo modprobe usb_storage and hit enter. It will ask for the password. You have to enter password of yours and enter. Now exit the terminal. Now connect your USB Drive with your computer. I think it will work. Please let me know whether it’s working or not. Thanks a lot

To save sudo modprobe usb_storage on reboot you have to use the following steps. Launch the terminal and enter the following code on the terminal gksudo gedit /etc/modules. As soon as text editor launches you have to type usb_storage and save the same. Now exit both the text editor and terminal. Now restart your computer you won’t require to enter sudo modprobe usb_storage every time.

I think I have a solution that can be use on your problem. I don’t guaranty that it will work however you should at least try. You have to your device in to Windows based system. You have to copy content of the USB drive into temp directory. Now format your USB drive with NTFS. Now copy the content of the temp directory to the USB drive. Now connect your USB drive with Linux Mint. I think it will work for you since Linux can identify the NTFS system. Please try it and feel free if you have any query about this solution. Thanks a lot for reading my suggestion.

Hey guys the problem is simple your usb doesnd mount automaticly if you go to gparted and mount the Fat32 partition our self it works! so go to the software manager and search for pmount and install it. done mine works just fine