Thread: Linux Mint 9 working super slow

Linux Mint 9 working super slow

I have just installed the Linux Mint 9 on my windows machine, Yes it has Windows Vista installed on it as well. Now throwing all the issues with regarding the drivers and etc, I have a very serious problem for running this Linux Mint 9 on my machine as it is not at all running. Actually it is working but like snail. It gets freeze after each 5 seconds as I can see its effects when mouse pointer skips the pixel while moving. It gets stuck at one point and suddenly after 2 3 seconds, It recovers all action that has been done by me.

Re: Linux Mint 9 working super slow

There could be some virus on your machine which might not letting your Linux operating system to work with its normal speed. I suggest you to scan your whole machine from the Windows OS so that you can do it quickly and safely. I guess some virus is affecting your hard derive and hence your Linux OS is not able to run with the speed.

It could be the RAM as well as your Linux Mint 9 might not be getting the proper amount of CPU resources due to which everything on it is working so slowly. I guess you should check out from the task manager that what are the processes that are running on your machine when you are logged in from the Linux Mint 9. There could be some third party program which might not be so compatible with the Linux Mint 9.

As you have dual boot on your machine out of which Windows seems to be installed on first Drive partition and linux might be installed on last drive which shows such problems. I suggest you to uninstall both the operating system from your machine and then begin installation with the Linux Mint 9 that you need to install on First driver partition and then install Windows on some other drive. This installation sequence must solve your problem.