Thread: Mint Update icon fail to load at startup

Mint Update icon fail to load at startup

I have improved to Julia in the previous couple of days; the whole thing seems nice but has observed that the small Update icon not succeed to load at startup now. I have confirmed settings and all appears ok, I have as well checked in the 'startup programs' part and it is entirely enabled. Is this an error? Any replies or suggestions much respected. It was appearing right away in the taskbar or system tray at each startup in the primary couple of days.

Re: Mint Update icon fail to load at startup

I don’t more aware of your problem. But yes I will surely try to help you. How much I know or how much I heard about this I will surely provide you. After seeing your issue, while I am surfing I get some information which may be helpful to you to solve your problem. Just go to Menu- System- Administration- Update Manager and after that Right click and choose "Add this to Panel“or”Add this to Desktop “.

That does not do it mate. While adding to the panel it just appears as a shortcut on the left side of the panel subsequently to the mint menu button beside the few quick launch signs I previously have there. Adding to the desktop purely adds a shortcut right on the desktop. I am talking regarding the notification icon on the right end of the pane, inside the notification part. Talking of which, I have not removed the notification part either.

I would as well like to report this exact similar trouble with the Mint Update notification sign. I did a new clean setup of Mint 10 regarding a week before and later than the 1st day or 2 the icon stopped showing. It is helpful to have this functioning correctly as it saves you from having to physically launch mint update to observe if there are any existing updates. I was going to start a novel thread regarding this until I saw this one, with any luck somebody who knows if this is an official insect will let me know. I have previously attempted doing a re-install of mint update but still the similar trouble. Or if there is any 'workaround' it would be immense.

One workaround which I attempted, and that worked was to completely eliminate Mint Update from the Startup Applications. Earlier than eliminating note the command this starts Mint Update. After that add it back into the Startup Applications physically. It will after that start up while you boot into Mint 10, but it will ask you for the password every time you boot up. It’s Kind of a pain, but a slight shorter than going into the Menu while you wish to start up Mint Update.