Thread: THINK POINT PROGRAM unable to go away

THINK POINT PROGRAM unable to go away

Hello friend, I had now installed McAfee internet security on to my Windows 7 and somehow the THINK POINT SCREEN gets appeared on to the monitor display and scanned my computer. At this time my computer system does not perform well. It starts up and after that Welcome Think point starts scanning again. Please HELP me out with this issue. What can be the solution for it. Please provide the solution that does not affect the Operating system.

Re: THINK POINT PROGRAM unable to go away

Think Point is a very bad antivirus, a scam to strength you to pay for it where as it does not have any kind of the profit to the system. Follow these removal instructions for the Think Point program: 1. Initailly you restart your computer system. After that it will get you to the ThinkPoint window then you press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete to call the task manger or Ctrl+Shift+Escape. (2) Then you click on to the task manager Processes tab. in that right click hotfix.exe process and click End Task. This will terminate the ThinkPoint program. (3) after that through the Run windows run the command explorer.exe and hit OK. A new pane will approach which will be asking you that "Are you sure?" then Type Y and press enter. (4) Then you run Internet Explorer or any supplementary browser and download free of charge anti-malware software. Run a complete system scan and eliminate ThinkPoint from your system.

Try to perform the System Restore, this may solve your problem. to do the System Restore first click on to the Start button on the task bar and from the search box type System Restore and hit the enter button and then to continue click to the Next button. (2) Select a date while the system was functioning properly and then click Next. (3) then you press the Finish button to terminate the process and then restart the system and restore itself. Hope it will assist you.

I was also having the same issue as you said earlier. But now it is completely was able to kill it. Start the system in the Safe Mode through the command prompt. And after that in the command prompt enter the command “regedit”. After performing it navigate the mouse pointer to the given lines below and if you see it then delete it.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PAV
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “thinkpoint”
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\hotfix.exe”
    In my case I observed the hotfix.exe and removed it. This permitted me to log into my desktop.
    Hope this helps.

There are many instances of it: reboot the computer system and after doing the rebooting continually press the F8 key and then pick Safe Mode through Networking. If you encompass a Restore Point previous to the ThinkPoint virus then try that. Or you make use of the wired connection or an additional computer system to download the WiFi drivers from your system maker or device maker to move them to this computer. Hope this helps.