Thread: Can Linux Mint 10 work inside HP T5730

Can Linux Mint 10 work inside HP T5730

I purchased HP T5730 18 months ago which was used as a thin client in a big corporation. I want to know that Linux Mint 10 will work . It has an AMD Sempron 2400+ processor, Radeon X1275 graphics and 1GB RAM. I'm eliminating the Flash memory through surrounded Windows XP, fitting a 160GB PATA drive. I am planning to exercise it to browse the internet (together with Flash content), essential photo management and to exercise OpenOffice or comparable but no video modification or other high-end things. I am looking for a appropriate OS for this miniature machine and I could presently install Windows XP (likely sluggish), ubuntu (I by now use it on additional machines) but speculate what users have to utter about what Mint might have to recommend. So anyone know that the machine support Linux Mint or not.

Re: Can Linux Mint 10 work inside HP T5730

I think that most of the Linux operating system would work on it sincerely on HP T5730 and it will affect you any damage on your hard drive. Since the linux operating system is basically a user friendly operating system. Just select what you are contented with. (I'd recommend going with lxde or fluxbox since its quicker, but xfce would be fine too) I would myself use arch linux, but it’s not the most new user welcoming distro. If you are looking for insubstantial as well as more reliable user friendly.

Could you suggest me a hard disk information more clearly because to install the operating system hard disk plays an important role for this. I have been speculating that if there is a technique to position a tiny hard drive on the inside in its place of that disk on modules. Since you mentioned your hard disk is the pata drive so I m in a bit confused that the Linux mint may not install in these machine. Because this is a latest operating system and pata drive is quite an older version is using by the people in this globe.

If you need to install this operating on this machine then I don’t think this is an good idea to install it because the hard disk drive which are you currently using is pata drive so I have a big concern about this operating system that would work in your pc. So I think that if you desperately needed this system to work it on this machine then you must try to change the hard disk of Pata to a Sata drive. Because Sata drive would work efficiently with this operating system.

I also quite concerned with this operating system problem you I chosen the above advice and install any operating system I was contented with I chosen for Linux Mint 10.10 which installed from a 1GB USB stick. I've connected a 320Gb 2.5 IDE disk (Samsung Spinpoint HM320HC, and have ended with a little cradle for the drive out of packaging form so that it fits comfortably in the unit with no screwing the drive to the framework. Can't experience any vibration and can hardly hear the drive spinning. I can experience a little heat pending from over at the heat sink end of the component but nothing from the part the drive is integral in terms of networking I presently have it cable to a HomePlug but there are six exterior and two interior USB ports and a wireless dongle would effortlessly fit inside.
    Last edited by denny walter; 30-12-2010 at 06:53 AM.