Thread: Windows 7 crashes with IE8 and MSE

Windows 7 crashes with IE8 and MSE

I have a new config for a few days. However I face from time to time to crash Internet Explorer 8, when surfing the Internet. The number of crashes is not very important, but I still have to look in Event Viewer, which showed me the following error message:
    • Name of the failing application iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16671, time stamp: 0x4c86f9be
    • Name faulting module: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16559, time stamp: 0x4ba9b29c
    • Exception code: 0xc0000374
    • Offset error: 0x000cdc9b
    • Process ID failed: 0x5b8
    • Start time of the faulting application: 0x01cb8bd7d6c5aff5
    • Path of the faulting application: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Internet Explorer \ iexplore.exe
    • Path of the faulty module: C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \ ntdll.dll
    • Report ID: 72734e5b-f7d7-11df-8e34-485b39ee2eb2

I also find little in the Event Viewer, several error messages (which seem pretty common) incriminating Microsoft Security Essentials. Here are the contents of the error message: The session "Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE" was adopted with the following error: 0xC000000D If anyone can help me to solve these problems without having to reinstall everything so it will be grateful for me. Thank you in advance.

Re: Windows 7 crashes with IE8 and MSE

I suggest you follow these steps. After doing this you can get the result for this issue.
    • Tips for solving problems with Internet Explorer. For additional modules, it is best to remove them altogether.
    • Reset Settings in Internet Explorer
    • Then at the command prompt is a scan of system components with the sfc / scannow
    • For ESM, go to C: / program data / Microsoft / Microsoft security essentials / support / and delete the file "MSSEOOBE.etl"
    • Restarts and did some tests.

I do not think that would come from flash or silverlight so it is perhaps not necessary to take the test mode with Internet Explorer without add-ons Microsoft tried this procedure “How to clean boot to prevent programs running in the background interfering with a game or program in use”. There may be another AC program. In doing research I saw that other people had the same problem due to Nvidia driver. Then you can try to update all your drivers in the same occasion. If you have trouble in finding them, you can use the website my-config.

First of all thank you for the reply. Here is what I did, First I uninstalled flash player using "Programs and Features", then I ironed a quick Uninstall Flash Player. Then I started solving problems for Internet Explorer, and I did a reset on IE8. I reinstalled Flash Player and I ran the command sfc / scannow which has also found no violation of integrity. In terms of MSE, I first tried to uninstall it by disabling it in MSCONFIG, and stopping the Windows service corresponding to it, then uninstalling it via "Programs and Features". Then I reinstall it via Windows Update, I deleted the file "MSSEOOBE.etl", then I restarted the pc. MSE no longer seems to crash for the moment, but I expect a couple of days to make a final decision! And it is also too early to say IE8 no longer crash! So I want to know that how to reset the Event Viewer, just able to start from scratch and see if new events reappear in a few days?

After reading all the replies which are given over here I want to say that compared to your error message which you have given above, I would say that you had only 2 problems. One with MSE and the other for IE8. Actually when I was searching the solution for this issue then I have seen that many of the user are facing this issue and in them at least 80% user have tried this and they got the fix for their issue. And I am sure that you should try the solution which is given above it will fix your issue. And please remember that if after trying this you get solution for your query so just update over here. And also if you get any solution which is better than this post it over here so that others also can take the advantage of this.

Yes the problem with MSE is outdated. Regarding IE, after waiting a few days observing the error messages here I want to know that how exactly recover the Event Viewer to zero? How do I know that a message error Event Viewer is not generated by starting Windows in Safe Mode because I could find that when I start Windows in safe mode, it generates a lot of error messages such as: service failed to start X! And when I surf with IE8, which appear red crosses instead of images / photos on sites I want to know that how can I fix this?