Thread: System recovery during the Restart process in Edubuntu

System recovery during the Restart process in Edubuntu

I have installed Edubuntu in my laptop. I don’t remember my administrative password. I am unable to login in the system. I don’t remember which key I was during the recovery option. I am really scared to do installation again. Please tell me the solution for the same. Any reply will be greatly appreciated. Please provide me probable solution as soon as possible. Thanking you in advance for your reply. I am waiting.

Re: System recovery during the Restart process in Edubuntu

Well I was also having the same problem with Recovery process. While searching on the Google I read to press Shift key for GRUB2 and press Esc key for GRUB. It is the simplest way to solve your problem. It really worked for me. I hope it will work you for the same. I will be really delighted if it works for you. You can go on other forums to get the solution. Thanking you for the reading the solution. All the best.

To differentiate between GRUB and GRUB2 you have to do the following steps. If you are using GRUB Legacy then you will see /boot/grub/menu.lst. When you are using GRUB2 you will see /boot/grub/grub.cfg. Another way to differentiate is run the below mentioned command on the terminal grub-install –v. It will tell you current version of the GRUB2 or GRUB you have installed in the system. By default GRUB will displays 0.97 version where in the GRUB2 it will display 1.96 or later version.

I am suggesting you to use SuperGRUB USB. It is available on the internet. Download and install it. Boot up the system from it. It will detect the Operating system you have installed in your system. If it detects Edubuntu then boot the same from your system. I hope above mentioned software and application will solve your problem. Please let me know if the above mentioned solution works for you. All the best.

If you want to change boot option or you want to select different Kernel you have to press Esc in to Grub menu.. To display menu at the boot up time you have to press # to comment out ‘hiddenmenu'. Press Esc after it. You will see a list of OS and kernels that you can boot from your system. To change the boot option you have to press ‘e’. You will find root', 'kernel', 'initrd', 'quiet' and 'savedefault'. You can also modify these lines. You can press ‘b’ after doing desired modification in the operating systems. Below mention will allow you to set new password:
    Code:
    Append ' init=/bin/bash ' place it at  end of the kernel line
    <Enter>
    Type ' mount -n -o remount,rw / '
    <Enter>
    ' passwd '