Thread: Microsoft JVM on Windows 7

Microsoft JVM on Windows 7

HI, My Company is assessing moving to Windows 7 OS. We have an older custom application written in J++ using Microsoft JVM written by a 3rd party about 5 years ago. It not succeeds when trying to load with a message that "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no %CommonProgramFiles%\System\ado\msado15 in shared library path". The company that wrote the application is no longer around. Any assist on what has changed in Windows 7 or am I fated for Windows XP for my time? I'm really require it, it's very important for me.
    Last edited by Guty9; 24-12-2010 at 05:01 AM.

Re: Microsoft JVM on Windows 7

I do discover a workaround which I want to share with you: The problem you getting is that: java (J++) is not resolving %CommonProgramFiles% so you acquire an "unsatisfied link error". Perform this steps: (1) Open Regedit through the Start menu> run and in that look for the String "%CommonProgramFiles%\systems\ado\msado15.dll"
    2) substitute the entire case with the full path name: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\ado\msado15.dll" but on 64 bit machine it will be dissimilar. For some reason the %CommonProgramFiles% is not being resolved.

I think that you should need to have the Microsoft java machine to perform this action; possibly it is like the identical type of code that I make use of it for my share trading which utilizes only Microsoft virtual java machine. It is suspended now but you can still find it. Java occasionally has a mind of its own. Also the Java Version 6 appears to be compatible with windows 7 OS. Also you should have to download the most recent JDK version for it.

My recommendation to you is to download the most recent version JDK form the sun Microsystems web site. I had already installed JRE and the JDK on to my system that is of the 32 bits. Both of them were installed successfully. At the starting while installing the JDK, it will show you the message that the platform is not been supported on the system but later it was installed successfully with no such errors.