Thread: audiodg.exe process results in Memory leaks

audiodg.exe process results in Memory leaks

My system is a desktop computer, which I normally used for official purpose , it is quite new and has been just 8 months old. I use Intel core 2 duo processor in it, but still it is very slow sometime. I had purchased Creative Labs X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card that was embedded with most recent Windows 7 drivers. Before I had installed this drivers my system was running very fine and I did not face any such issues of slow performance. I am very frustrated because of this slow speed and now I am thinking I should have bought AMD processor instead of Intel one , as it would have been more helpful when I play advanced games on my system. Can anyone tell me what can be the possible reason for this slow performance , please help me as I am very much annoyed of this issue and do not like to touch my system as well .

re: audiodg.exe process results in Memory leaks

Well I think you should be patient about your issue and should at least thought to diagnose the issue before accusing such a fine processor, I agree that AMD processors are good for gaming purpose but that too would have faced the same issue that your intel processor is facing. I will not blame the processor here for the lack of performance , I think you should check the diagnose the issue by checking the task manager and see which processor is eating up most of the CPU user. You had mentioned that you were facing the issue since you had bough your new sound card , perhaps that might be creating the issue and leading in less speed, you kill the process that is taking these resources and see what happens.

Thanking for showing me the correct path and bring me back on the correct track , my friend too was trying to convince me that it has nothing to do with the processor , as you had said I went to look into the task manager and checked which process was taking the most cpu usage then I came to now that a process called audiodg.exe making the most usage. But as you said I killed that process , after I kill the audiodg.exe in task manager my machine becomes very fast as never before , but emerges with one more issue , it leads into no sound issue. I think it has issue with the sound card of creative .

Well I do not believe that is totally true. The two Creative services that execute in the Service Control Panel that control the Dolby sound do make the audiodg.exe leak more memory than usual and widen up the problem. If you do not make use of Dolby sound you may terminate these two services and it will calm down the memory leakage from the audiodg,exe file when its in use.