Thread: Unable to view the Speech Recognition Tutorial due to low screen resolution

Unable to view the Speech Recognition Tutorial due to low screen resolution

I am using the windows 7 starter with the Intel’s core2 duo processor on my HP-mini Laptop which has the highest screen resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. Now the thing here is that whenever I try and open the Speech Recognition Tutorial then it can’t be open. And after troubleshooting a lot I found that the screen resolution needed for it was 1024 x 786 pixels which were more than the one my system have. Now due to this I am unable to use the Speech Recognition tool perfectly and more effective. So please let me know if there is way that will allow me to read the tutorial.

Re: Unable to view the Speech Recognition Tutorial due to low screen resolution

I think I can help you in this case, if you are not able to view the Speech Recognition Tutorial then why don’t you run the tutorial in the fewer pixels that is 640 x 480. What it will do is will give you the detailed view of the tutorial. And to do the same you have to follow the below mentioned steps:
    • First of all right click on the speech recognition tutorial file and then select properties
    • After that you will see the compatibility tab just select it.
    • Under the compatibility tab you will find the check box saying that select the “Run in 640*480 screen resolution" just check it.
    • At last click on apply and then on ok.

I have gone through the problem faced by you but really don’t find that way that will help you to view the tutorial. Actually the thing here is that we are not able to view the file which is higher in pixels then the screen resolution of the system is. And in your case it is the same your system is not satisfying the requirements of the tutorial file and that is the reason why you are unable to open and read the file. I hope that this will help you to understand what exactly the problem is.

Well thanks a lot for entertaining my query and also for replying to it, but the thing is that I am still facing the same problem. Actually I have tried to change the resolution of the file itself with the help of compatibility settings but it didn’t work and gain the same problem came in front of me. Please help me out in this case as soon as possible because reading the tutorial is very much important for me and I am unable to use this tool without the tutorial.