Thread: Can I run Pagemaker 6.5 on Windows 7?

Can I run Pagemaker 6.5 on Windows 7?

Hello friends, I had currently got the new computer with Windows 7 Operating System, before this I was working with the Windows XP. On it had immense accomplishment while transferring contacts, files and many more things. But now I am having the difficulty by loading my edition of Pagemaker 6.5 onto the system. What can I do now to complete this task, I now realize that the software is of old version but I want to make use of it? Please help what can I do

Re: Can I run Pagemaker 6.5 on Windows 7?

I doubt it. Because I tried to run the Pagemaker 6.5 and 7.0 on Windows Vista and it was not well-suited with it. But also you could try, by just setting the restore point so that if it generates a difficulty you could come back to a point before trying the set up. If you have the ability of running XP mode on Windows 7, then you could install it there.

Adobe PageMaker 6.5 is not yet been listed in the compatibility center of Windows 7 operating system so it may or may not be compatible with it, I am not very sure with it. Also for Adobe PageMaker version 7 we do not have the detail of compatibility with Windows 7. You might also try an attempt and can install the program in Windows XP or the Vista Compatibility mode and then test if that fixes the problem but I am not very sure of the steps that, how could I perform it in the Compatibility mode. Also if a program written for a previous edition of Windows that doesn't run properly; then you might make use of the Program Compatibility Wizard to modify the compatibility settings for the program.

I can help you to install the program in Vista Compatibility mode, for that we should have to follow the certain steps: (1) select and right click on to the installation file and choose the Properties for it and from that select the properties options. (2) Now in the Compatibility mode, test the “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” alternative. (3) After it choose either the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 or the Windows Vista Service Pack 2 from the accessible choices. (4) after changing the settings click to the Apply button and then click OK.