Thread: Newly installed program disappeared from windows 7 after a reboot

Newly installed program disappeared from windows 7 after a reboot

I have recently installed UGS SolidEdge v21 and Adobe Reader on my windows 7 and the installation process was fine and main thing it was error less. After the installation system asked me for rebooting the system and when I did the same then the programs were disappeared. I mean to say that after the installation when I started the system again then the UGS SolidEdge v21 and Adobe Reader were missing and only the folders related to it were present bit both the folders were empty. And when try to open few PDF files then it showed me the choose program window that means it was confirmed that the adobe was not installed, and if it not then what actually happened to that program. Please help me in this case.

Re: Newly installed program disappeared from windows 7 after a reboot

I think your PC need system restore, the problem which you are facing is common with the windows 7 users and if you have to solve the same then just do the system restore. Restoring the system will reset the setting that you have stored on your system and then will give you the fresh one and it will seem to you that you are using a new PC. To do system restore you have to just click on the start button and then just type system restore in the search box and the click on the system restore option. And if the system asks you to enter the administration password then you have to confirm the same.

Well I guess the programs that you have installed are not from the trusted source and that is why you are getting this error or also I can be that the programs are not compatible on your system. Try and do the reinstallation I guess it might help, make sure that during reinstallation you have delete all the related folders to it and then make the proper and error free installation. Keep one thing in mind that you will take the software from an original disk or download it from the trusted and the official site only.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you have to check out whether the programs are present in the other account. As said by you that the program got disappeared after the rebooting, so what you have to so here is that just create a new user account and then check whether you are able to view the files related to it through that account and if yes then you have to just access that particular program through the newly created account only. I hope that this will definitely help you to solve the issue.

According to me you have to check that where the installed program have gone. And to do this you have to use add or remove programs. First of all you have to click on start and then go to control panel and then select the add remove programs option after selecting you will find the list of all programs installed on the system and after that you have to search for UGS SolidEdge v21 and Adobe Reader in that list and if you found the same ten just check for the status if it shows installed then you have to close the add remove window and then search for the files and folder related to it. I am sure that you will get them somewhere in the system and after that can have an access on the same.