Thread: Mouse Wheel doesn’t work in VB6 on windows 7

Mouse Wheel doesn’t work in VB6 on windows 7

I have recently installed the Visual basic 6 on my system and I guess the installation process was fine. But the thing here is that whenever I open the VB6 then the mouse seems to be not working properly. I mean to say that I get the cursor on the screen but it is not moved. But when I end the program then everything goes well. I don’t know why this is happening and also unable to fix this error. Please help me in this case and also let me know how I can solve this problem.

Re: Mouse Wheel doesn’t work in VB6 on windows 7

I t seems to me that the mouse that you have is not working properly and what you have to so here is that just try and disconnect the mouse and then again connect it. Actually you have to reconnect the mouse and then check whether you are getting the problem or not and if still the problem is same then it might happen that the mouse that you are using is not proper and if this is the case then you have to immediately replace the mouse so that the problem will be resolved automatically.

Well if this is the case then you have to reinstall the VB 6. As said by you that the mouse works well on the other programs or doing any other work but as you open the VB6 then it freezes so there might be a definite problem in the visual basic that you have. And to solve this issue you have uninstall the same and then again install the fresh copy of it. But this time make sure that you are installing the updated one and that too from a trusted source. I hope that reinstalling the VB6 will definitely help you to solve the problem.

I think you system needs the driver update, it happens if the drivers of the system have not installed properly or they are corrupted then the system tends to behave in such manner. So do one thing just install the drivers again and then see how it goes, and if the drivers are already installed then you can do the driver update and can also recover the drivers from the device manager. I am sure that doing the driver update will definitely help you.

I have gone through your problem and here are the steps that will help you to solve the issue:
    • First of all click on start and then just select the RUN from it.
    • After that you have to type regsvr32 <path>\VB6IDEMouseWheelAddin.dll, In the box and then just click ok
    • After that you have to open VB6
    • And then click on Add-Ins in that you will find the option called Add-in Manager just click on it.
    • And in that you will find another option called MouseWheel Fix.
    • In that just check the check box preceded with Load on Startup
    • And then just click ok

Quote Originally Posted by Ekpah View Post
    I have gone through your problem and here are the steps that will help you to solve the issue:
    • First of all click on start and then just select the RUN from it.
    • After that you have to type regsvr32 <path>\VB6IDEMouseWheelAddin.dll, In the box and then just click ok
    • After that you have to open VB6
    • And then click on Add-Ins in that you will find the option called Add-in Manager just click on it.
    • And in that you will find another option called MouseWheel Fix.
    • In that just check the check box preceded with Load on Startup
    • And then just click ok
    The above doesn't work on windows 7. However, you can install the driver following this procedure:
    1 goto Start/My Programs/Accessories/ Right click on Command Prompt and click on Run as Administrator.
    2 In the command window type regsvr32 <path>\VB6IDEMouseWheelAddin.dll replace <path> with the path where the dll is stored.
    3 Follow other steps above to add de add-in in VB6.