Thread: Problem with SID and permissions for the accounts of Windows 7

Problem with SID and permissions for the accounts of Windows 7

I encounter a problem quite complicated ... is that yesterday accidentally change the SID, so now when I turn on the machine I find that the configuration returned to be like when you first start. When I check my documents, I see all my files disappeared, but while still having the same memory capacity occupied. Keep searching and I find that User folder was added but, with a similar name to my user, and the Administrator folder and my user (Home) I cannot access for lack of permits. So please help me on this issue.

Re: Problem with SID and permissions for the accounts of Windows 7

Regarding this I have some solution so if you want then you can go for this but regarding this I am not sure whether it is workable or not because I have not tested it.
    1. Enter the folder properties and mof modifications, but could not because I have no permission to view
    2. Modify the permissions on my current profile from the control panel ... nothing happens, does not work too
    3. Enter Regedit and went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ ProfileList where I found my old SID, but will not let me change anything, also the issue of permits ...
    4. We no longer know what else to do ... please could someone help me with this?
    5. With the same user id

I found online a live cd based on Windows Seven, which serves to repair the same if you have problems. Actually I did not know how to do to retrieve the old SID or user, but what if you could do is to recover all my documents before blocked, making cut and paste this limited user permissions. If it fails to completely recover or fix this problem, now i got access to my documents and I am more calm, and I can take time to see if I can fix this problem or, last, backup and reinstall Windows. Thank you very much for all the information provided. Hopefully this will serve anyone who is in my same situation. The CD is called Win7RescatePE.ES, "starts as a parallel operating system and comes from several little programs to solve all sorts of problems.

My problem is I cannot edit, do not appear directly. I noticed in case if they were encrypted folders, but no, Not to do, definitely not let me change permissions for the folder, or registry, or switch users, or install anything ... I have no permission to view properties> up that folder, I get a text saying: "You are not authorized to view or edit permission settings of this object," below Advanced Options button and saying the same thing. Any other option?

Is that the user you have is something like a temporary user. The passage of the command line is:
    1. Click Start, then click Start Searching
    2. Type CMD and waiting to be loaded in the start menu
    3. Press right-click the icon and select "Run as Administrator"
    4. Enter the command:
    <password> <NAME> NET USER / ADD
    Have you tried to enable the user with the name Administrator and then login with this user? Have you changed all the SID or just the personal user you use?