Thread: HP pavilion err2err3

HP pavilion err2err3

After a long time without facing any problems with Vista, I was quiet happy to use my pc. The system just started giving out errors on its own. I do not really understand how suddenly this thing is responding badly. I had not done any changes in the system. It was working well. I am getting a error No bootable device Insert Err2Err3 disc to ... blah...". Unfortunately, this laptop has no Vista CD / DVD has been delivered (recovery data on HDD). And from another Vista DVD format, it can be repaired in any way. Please tell how can I solve my problem?

Re: HP pavilion err2err3

You have to use Bootrec.exe tool to solve your problem. The Bootrec.exe tool supports the following options. Apply the appropriate option for your situation.

Note: If the startup problem creating the boot configuration data can not resolve through again, you can export and delete the BCD, and then run the option again. In this way, make sure that the boot configuration data to be recreated. To do this in the command prompt in Windows Recovery Environment, the following commands:

bcdedit / export C: \ BCD_Backup
    • c:
    • boot cd
    • attrib bcd-s-h-r
    • ren c: \ boot \ bcd bcd.old
    • bootrec / RebuildBcd

/ FixMbr
    The / FixMbr writes a Windows Vista-compatible MBR (Master Boot Record) in the system partition. This option does not overwrite the existing partition table. Use this option if you troubleshoot a damaged MBR or remove non-standard code from the MBR need.

/ FixBoot
    The / FixBoot writes a new boot sector to the system partition, where they have a Windows-compatible boot sector using Vista. Use this option if one of the following applies:
    The boot sector was replaced by a non-standard Windows Vista boot sector.
    The boot sector is damaged.
    After installing Windows Vista in addition an older Windows operating system was installed. In this scenario, start the computer by using Windows NT Loader (NTLDR) instead of Windows Boot Manager (Bootmgr.exe).

/ ScanOs
    The / ScanOs scans all disks for installations that are Windows Vista compatible with. In addition, this option displays entries that are not currently in memory for boot configuration data. Use this option if there are Windows Vista installations that are not listed in the Boot Manager menu.

/ RebuildBcd
    The / RebuildBcd scans all disks for installations that are Windows Vista compatible with. You can also use this option select the installations that you add the memory for boot configuration data you want. Use this option if you need to create the new boot configuration data.

Hm, I'll try it immediately. Thanks for the fixed answer. I sign wiederm wenns so far is. So, the error is gone now, unfortunately, is now available on the black screen does nothing more. Vista is not turning. The funniest of thing is when I enter eg Bootrec.exe / ScanOs, then it indicates that zero Windows installations were found.

PROBLEM:
    1) On power-up, the boot screen as the normal load (the HP logo displays ... ... Options F11 to get into the BIOS)
    2) Where should enter the boot screen GENERALLY MS (bar scrolling of displays) ... DO NOT. Instead "Err2Err3" appears as a result.

Just plain old command-type text exhibiting "Err2Err3" in the top-left corner of the monitor on a black screen. No charger, no nothing.

WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE THIS HAPPENED:

Everything was working fine. I put Vista to "sleep", essentially "hibernating" as I drove back home in my car waiting to use the laptop (as it is) when I come back, wings. When I opened the screen "" / "awakening resume" operation, all the "vitals" seemed to come alive, UNLESS the screen did not show any signs of life - essentially the laptop was on, but could not access anything, screen was blank, only the lights of the hardware operation turned on my laptop. Hard-pressed to reset, snap it back on ... and viola, "Err2Err3."

Hi there I am also having the same problem. I've done with my Laptop HDD removed and connected it with a SATA HDD external enclosure to try to gain access via another working computer. (I need all my files intact, so important!) On another computer (running XP) under the "Computer Management utility" I can see my DISCO 320GB (via usb enclosure) - it is the principal and the 5Gb partition "partition HP Recovery" all visible - I do not even use the recovery partition. On the "exploration" of the drive, the computer prompts me "formatting." It is clear that if I format, then all lost - I cannot do that. HELP?!