Thread: wifi is not working properly in iOS 4.2.1

wifi is not working properly in iOS 4.2.1

I am using the iPad from last few months and it is doing well for me I mean to say that it haven’t game any problems up till now. But the wifi seems to me that it is not working properly. Whenever I have an access over net using wifi then always it shows me that the device is not detected. I am having the iOS operating system installed on it. I guess the operating system is not letting it work in a appropriate manner. I really don’t know what to do please help me in this case and let me know how I can get rid of the problem that is faced by me.

Re: wifi is not working properly in iOS 4.2.1

I just want to know whether this problem arises on frequent basis or rarely. If this is not frequent then there is nothing to worry you can just bring it back on normal condition by restating the iPad. It happens sometimes the system doesn’t cope up with it and it fails to detect the wifi itself. So what you have to do here is that just restarts the iPad and then see whether it detects or not. I am sure it will because I have tried the same thing when the problem occurred.

Well according to me this happens when the network setting is not properly set or it must have been reset by someone. So what you have to do here is that just checkout the settings again and see whether they are proper or not. If not then you can reset them on the spot. Resetting the network settings will give you the fresh on and then you have put the latest based upon the network you use. I hope that this will help you to solve the issue.

I think you are facing the same problem which is normally being faced by the Apple iPad users. Actually there are lots of problem in iPad regarding iPad and if yours is also doing the same then just check out the following two things:
    • First of all see whether you are using the same network name for each network. It should be same because while detecting the same network it may face problems.
    • Also see to it that you are using different security settings for each of the network that you have.

Do these things I can assure you that you will not face any problems regarding the wifi.

I have gone through your problem and if you are facing this issue on regular basis then it is definite that wifi utility is being corrupt and it will be not in use from now. If this is the case then you can use the external wifi device. And if that also not working on your iPad then just make sure that you are placing a complaint in front of Apple. So just visit the Apple customer support nearby and then let them know the problem faced by you I hope that they will cooperate with you and also will fix the issue. But keep one thing in mind that your iPad is not jailbreaked.