Thread: Program Icons are changed to unidentified icons on Windows 7

Program Icons are changed to unidentified icons on Windows 7

I am having a Dell vostro laptop and using it from last few months recently I have upgraded the same from windows XP to windows 7 and that too on the Intel’s core i3 processor. Now the thing here is that the from the moment I have upgraded the operating system I am getting an unusual error where all the program, icons on my system have changed to an unseen and unidentified one and also some of them are plain white. Please help me to solve this issue and also let me know how to get all the icons back without reinstalling them.

Re: Program Icons are changed to unidentified icons on Windows 7

Well according to me the upgrading process have given these errors to you and now what you have to do here is that just reinstall the windows 7 again and then see how it goes. Make sure that this time you are installing the ultimate version of windows 7. I am sure that reinstalling the operating system will definitely help you to solve the issue and also will take care that such problems never arises in future.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that if you have to solve it then just hunt for the viruses. So what you have to here is that just install the upgraded antivirus on your system and then just scan the whole system though it. I hope that scanning the system for viruses will fix the errors that were made by the viruses. And also will remove the infected files from the system. I guess doing this will surely help you to resolve the issue.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem few days back and really found hard to troubleshoot the same. And after troubleshooting I found that syste3m restore is the one that will help me for sure. So I want you to do the same thing. The thing here is that you have to perform the system restore which will restore the setting for you and also will solve the error. I thing you will be more comfortable for working on the fresh one.

Well the only thing that will help you here us that the sfc scan. The SFC scan is the command that you have to run in command prompt and it will scan the whole system and especially for the program files. The specialty of this scan is that it that it will first scan for the corrupted files and folders and then if it found any bad or infected file then it repairs the same there itself. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem.