Thread: scrrun.dll is missing

scrrun.dll is missing

I was running the Windows 7 RTM on my computer previously and recently I have changed to Windows 7 HP. After installing this, I installed all the programs again. But the programs that I have installed are running properly. Whenever, I try to open that then it shows me error message which says scrrun.dll is missing or damaged. These programs were running fine under Win7 RTM. I tried to launch those applications many times but all the times it gives me the same message. Please help me.

Re: scrrun.dll is missing

You will see the Scrrun.dll error messages if you are installing some programs and Windows restarts. It may alos come wile installing windows. You can try the steps below and see whether it solves the problem for you.
    1. First of all, uninstall the program with the help of windows installer cleanup utility. This utility will help you to uninstall the programs completely.
    2. Clean boot your computer and then install the program. You should confirm that you have reset computer to the normal mode.
    3. After that try to launch the programs that were having problem and this time those programs will be installed properly.

You can try the steps given above and see if that helps you or not. If that is not able to help you then you can make use of SFC (System File Checker) for your computer. This will fix all the system file error for your computer. Go through the steps below to solve the problem.
    1. You have to open the elevated command prompt. For this, click on Start button and click All Programs. Select Accessories and right click on Command Prompt. Then select Run as administrator. If it asked for the administrator password then provide the password and click Allow.
    2. There you have to type the command given below and press ENTER:
      sfc /scannow
      This will scan all the protected system files changes the mistaken versions through right Microsoft versions.

You can run the commands given below in the elevated command prompt:
    regsvr32 vbscript.dll.
    regsvr32 wshom.ocx
    regsvr32 scrrun.dll

If you don’t know that how can you open the elevated command prompt then you can go through the following steps.
    1. First of all click on start.
    2. Type cmd in search box.
    3. Now right click on the command prompt and choose “Run as adminstartor”

You should take the rights of the file and then search bing to take Ownership context menu. Now install the reg file then you will be able to can right click on files that reject your access and compel it to allow you by selecting take ownership. Provide upload link for functioning of scrrun.dll. I hope that this will help you.

The installation for the operating system that you are using may be corrupted and that is why you are getting the issues like this. You need to install the operating system again. If possible then you should take a different copy of the setup for operating system and install with that. Do a clean install and this can resolve the problem for you