Thread: Windows 7: "Software Protection service" and Mouse Hangs

Windows 7: "Software Protection service" and Mouse Hangs

Hi friends, from when I had installed Windows 7 on to the system, I have been experiencing many irritating bugs. One of them has been irritating me to the point where I am allowing for dropping this operating system and leaving back to Windows Vista. At chance, my mouse hangs up. The movement of the mouse not responds back for about half of a second, then recommence. Throughout the time it is insensitive, the light on it goes absent for about 20 seconds in, then comes back 5 seconds afterward, and after that Windows create the "device disconnected" sound, followed by the mouse responds the process. I right away looked out for the Windows application logs into the event viewer. What I get is that at the time of the hang, the "Software Protection service" starts running (source: Security-SPP). I then tartan the logs after that takes place, and I didn't see something about the protection service, So I don't want to totally fault it anymore.

Re: Windows 7: "Software Protection service" and Mouse Hangs

Do you tried to perform any kind of update for your Mouse drivers from the mouse manufacturers site? Get the latest one. Also, a clean boot will be somewhat valued to have a try. The steps to carry out a test in Clean Boot is as follows: a). Similarly you would have perform this first you click the "Start" menu from the taskbar, in that go to "Run", and type "msconfig" in to the box to begin the System Configuration Utility. B). Click the on to the tab of the "Services", in that click to the options "Hide All Microsoft Services" check box and tick "Disable All". C). from that push the "Startup" tag, tick "Disable All" and click "OK". D). Click "OK" to restart your computer to Selective Startup environment. E). while the "System Configuration Utility" window comes out, then verify the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK. And finally search whether the problem still come into view in this environment.

Very important think to keep in mind that temporarily disabling the start up group simply prevents the start up program from loading during the start up. This should not influence the systems or the other programs. We can still now physically execute and run these programs later. And also later than understanding your extended explanation, I still speculate if disrupts or DPCs may be creating the problem. Possibly several other process may also be creates the problem. check it, by means of e.g. Process Explorer.

I also had this problem but somehow solved it. It is been now one day completed with no such freeze. I simply did the two minor modifications to my system, so one of them must be the repair. Because my machine is now functioning well, I turned off the "Marvell E-Sata" through the BIOS system. I locate my ACPI setting to S3 barely. And also in to my Asus BIOS the setting was originated under "Power"/"Suspend Mode", In that setting I have the alternative to modify from both S1 and S3, Just S1, or Just S3. Locating it to S3 only appears to have complete the trick. I expect that this information is good enough to assist somebody that is having stable freezes with Mice and Keyboards in Windows 7.