Thread: File sorting extremely slow on Windows 7

File sorting extremely slow on Windows 7

Hello friends, I am little frustrated with my Windows 7 the reason is that I had the folder with a large number of files that is around thousands of file. On my windows XP pre which was 32 bit, on it I use to perform the sorting of the folders within a seconds but on Windows 7 pro that is of 64 bits it takes me around 15 to 20 minutes to sort the files. What can I do to make the sorting same as that of the Windows XP. It’s really taking much time on Windows 7. Please help me, thanks in advance.

Re: File sorting extremely slow on Windows 7

I presently tries to perform the sorting of folder with around 1000 items in to it with the Windows 7 operating system. And no issue what column I tick on that is on Name, Size, Type, Date Created, Date Modified, Attributes, the outcome were completed in 1 second or less. So don't stop, it is achievable for the system to work correctly. Onto your machine it may be that an Explorer extension has been set up that's creating the delay. What program have you installed that enhance Explorer that is what tools is displayed when you right-click onto the files or folders? It's a bit geeky, but not to get tense there is a free tool called ShellExView for permitting you to watch what's installed as a Shell Extension, and disable specific programs. You can download and configure from certain web sites have a search on to Google they will let you know the variety of sites to download.

Not to worry I was too having the similar problem, I found my answer at Seven Forums .What you need to do is just get into the folder or the parent folder, after that follow this steps 1. After that click on to the "Organize" option also can right click on to it. 2. Then you have a click to the “Properties" option, 3. Afterward go to the "Customize" tab and in "Optimize this folder for:" set it to "General Items" and optionally make sure to apply to the subfolders.4. Click "Apply" and also keep in mind that If the apply option isn't tinted then try selecting something rather than "General Items" initially, after that apply, next go back to "General Items" and apply again. Hope this will help you out.

I do have this identical problem and come across everywhere, also I ran ShellExView and disabled the whole thing, and that help out exceptionally to some extent if at all. But I shaped out with myself how to repair it. What we can do is, you can modify the view to details instead of list view, right click in the column bar, and include the column having the name "Date Modified". That is to say what the column was called in Windows XP, and it must formulate it work in a second similar to you are used to. The date sorting is in fact, truly sluggish for several cause on externals, other than the date modified column will get you the similar results. Hope it helped good luck!