Thread: How to Uninstall Display link drivers for Windows 7 installation?

How to Uninstall Display link drivers for Windows 7 installation?

Hello friends, I am having the Sony Vaio laptop model and I am currently being trying to upgrade the OS from the Windows Vista to the Windows 7 and before I can upgrade it the windows 7 is saying that I need to uninstall Displaylink Driver from the control panel. While trying to uninstall it from the control panel it shows me the message that it cannot be deleted. I am in not sure how to get free from it and I'm worried if I did get rid of the driver it may concern the display. Does somebody have any solution for it?

Re: How to Uninstall Display link drivers for Windows 7 installation?

Very firstly I would make a backing of the driver. Performing this will permit simple re-installation of the display adapter once you eliminate it. You most possible cannot uninstall it, for the reason that there is a file in use by the system. Restart your system to safe mode. To perform this reboot and previous to the windows logo screen press F8 key. This will provide you options, pick Safe Mode. Now Log in to the system and now check if you can uninstall your driver. If you restart the system it will once again put your computer to normal mode. Place driver removal you may observe that the whole thing is bigger. This is because your screen resolution is greatly less with no driver. To return it to normal mode just reinstall the driver from the OEM that you uninstalled. Hope this will assist you!

Not to worry I was also having the similar issue but I figured it out what I did is I uninstalled each and everything that looked as if it were connected to the display. On my Sony computer system there was couple of Sony display drivers. DisplayLink then uninstalled automatically. Hope this will help you out.

The DisplayLink Core Software that Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor needs us to eliminate from our VAIO laptops is software for a docking station. I just originate it by searching it out through the internet. It narrates to the show in that it permits you to work with several displays with your laptop. Thus it should be easy to uninstall. attempt Revo Uninstallation. It is free of charge and excellent. Hope this helps.