Thread: Server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect

Server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect

I was having 64 bit Window Vista on my system which I have upgraded to the 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate. Couple of days, It worked perfectly but suddenly things got totally messed up. It does not show any problem till I log in but then there are many things as follows which does not works.
    • There was No Aero as it shows only basic gray Windows 2000-style GUI
    • Networking does not works.
    • When I try to start Explorer then it shows an error as "The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password." Same message I have got while starting the Control Panel.

Re: Server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect

There seems to be something really serious with your windows operating system as doing anything on the windows os shows you such errors. I think you should check that in what environments you are getting error and how your windows responds. First of all I would like you to boot your machine in the Safe Mode which may not show any problem. I have seen that many problems gets does not appears in the safe mode. You have to reboot your machine and then keep on pressing F8 key while your system gets boot up. You would be having Windows Booting Options from where you have to select for the Safe Mode, I recommend you to select for Safe Mode with Networking so that you can check an issue about the networking as well.

Re: Server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect

Windows 7 can make a restore point automatically and to manually create a restore point, this should be enabled on the disk which you wish to do a restore! To enable System Restore, Head for the logo (Start) of Windows. To the left of your taskbar. Just here you have to click on "search" and then type "restore", A window opens, with a lot of applications! We will choose "Create a restore point" and activate the first restoration. Make a click on "Create a restore point"

After a system malfunction, after installing a program, a pilot or operator error, System Restore can revert to an earlier date when everything worked properly. This will undo the changes without affecting personal files. Go to System Restore:
    1. In Control Panel \ System and Security \ System, click System Protection (left pane) and then click System Restore
    2. Type restore in Start -> Search, then click the System Restore program
    3. In the Command Prompt: type in Start -> Search cmd, then right-click on cmd.exe -> Run as administrator. Rstrui.exe Enter and confirm with Enter
    4. The System Restore wizard opens, click Next