Thread: How to upgrade from Windows7 Starter to home/professional

How to upgrade from Windows7 Starter to home/professional

My brother has gifted me a brand new netbook. I want to get benefit from the windows 7 present for students. My netbook does not have a DVD-drive therefore I am searching, what will be the finest method for doing this? If we talk about the upgrading then it seems that home premium is simpler for upgrading but professional needs a clean. My new netbook meet up the requirement for the system to run that. Though, I am as well bothered regarding my office 2007. I have installed it on my home pc as well as I have set it on my netbook. If I upgrade to a new version of windows 7 then would I require obtaining a fresh product key? It told that it is only applicable for two systems.

Re: How to upgrade from Windows7 Starter to home/professional

As you told that you want to upgrade your copy of Windows 7. I would like to tell you that you can do this online. This will take around 10 minutes to finish. There will be No disks, no delays and you can upgrade to advanced version of Windows 7 with Windows Anytime Upgrade. By this way, you will be able to get the benefits of additional features at the same time as keeping your existing programs, files, and settings. Upgrading does not indicate installing latest software. In Windows 7, the software you require come up in preinstalled. You just have to buy an upgrade key from Microsoft otherwise a different certified retailer to unlock those new features.

You can use the Windows 7 ISO file to install the Windows 7 on your system. If you want to make the copy of the Windows 7 ISO file then you can follow the steps below.
    1. First of all click on the Start button as well as click on Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool that is there in All Programs list. This will open the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.
    2. Now you have to type the name plus path of your Windows 7 ISO file in the Source File box or you can also browse lit by clicking on the browse button.
    3. Choose USB Device to make a copy to a USB flash drive otherwise pick DVD disk to generate a copy to a DVD disk.
    4. You have to select the USB device from the drop down list if you copy the file to USB flash drive. You can click on the Begin burning option if you are copying the file up to a DVD.

First, you should confirm that your system is prepared for Windows Anytime Upgrade. Once you are sure about it then you can download Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. It is tiny software tool can examine your computer as well as make an easy-to-understand statement of all recognized system, device, and program compatibility problem. This will also advise methods to fix them.

Note: You can make use of Windows Anytime Upgrade for upgrading from 32-bit version of Windows 7 to a different otherwise from one 64-bit version of Windows 7 to a different. But you cannot upgrade from a 64-bit version of Windows 7 from 32-bit version of Windows 7 or vice versa.

I think that you have to purchase the student priced version from any MS Store however since started edition is not an adequate improved path so you have to purchase the full version. This will come around $29.99 and you have to do the full install. Then install the Office again by using the similar old product key.