Thread: X:\$Windows.~BI\Windows\System32>wpe init

X:\$Windows.~BI\Windows\System32>wpe init

I have attempted to upgrade to Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate from Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit furthermore I don’t comprise any actual problem when I ran the Windows advisor. For the duration of the Install from a Download (Windows Store) It affirm that it wants to restart the computer. It prompts me that when it reaches to the part where it needs to expand the files. My computer gets rebooted and I find the fresh Windows 7 Wallpaper background. After it pop ups the DOS prompt and shows the following.

X:\$Windows.~BI\Windows\System32>wpe init

Therefore I closed the window for DOS and the computer immediately restarts to boot menu. Please Help me friends.

Re: X:\$Windows.~BI\Windows\System32>wpe init

You will most likely find a trouble with the drive controller which is listed in the BIOS setup. You should ensure for settings that can make it enable. Confirm with the manual for potential jumpers that how can you make it enable. You should also check the cable for the drive. They should be in fine condition as well as well-seated. Ensure for the drive jumpers that they are working fine. If every other solution fails then you should unplug system from AC after that make use of the clear CMOS jumper. Go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and look for the newer bios that deal with any seemingly-related troubles.

I think that you have some hardware attached in your computer that is not compatible with the hardware driver. There may be also some software which is installed in your system that keeps your windows away from starting. You can try to upgrade one more time but this time remove all the needless hardware from your system. I hope that this time it will not show you such problem.

Earlier, I was also having the similar problem and was not able to solve this problem. I tried many things but all of them were just waste of time. Finally one of my friends suggested me to boot from the bootable USB drive. So I made the USB bootable and booted from it. This time it does not shows me such problems. So I recommend you to do the same and I wish that this will do the same for you.

I would like to tell you that XPS 630 is having NVIDIA storage controller. If we talk about the Windows 7 disc do not have the native drivers intended for this storage controller. You have to make use of F6 option. You have to install the drivers from USB key and carry on. I hope that this will solve the problem for you.