Thread: Where to find OEM product key for windows 7

Where to find OEM product key for windows 7

I am having the hp system at home with the active OEM product keys on it for the windows 7 which I being installed on it. Now the thing is that it is not working properly and I need to uninstall the same but the thing is that if I will uninstall the same then the system will ask me to insert the product key. So please help me to install any other version of windows 7 or the same but need a fresh installation and that to with preserving the product key.

Re: Where to find OEM product key for windows 7

Well if this is the case then I will suggest you to go with the clean installation process. Actually before doing the clean installation you have to just perform the system restore and then do the clean installation of windows 7. After the installation you can use the product key which must have been stored in the restored settings. I hope that doing this will help you to install the windows 7 on your system.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that the disk that you have used once is of no use now and if you want another one with the product key then just demands the CD from the Microsoft support. What you have to do here is that purchase the original disk from the Microsoft and then install the setup without any error. I am sure that the original disk with a product key will help you to resolve the issue.

Well I think there is no need of the product key for the installation, I mean to say that what you have to do in this case is just that do the normal installation with restoring all the settings. After the installation you can update the same online for the product key. I guess doing this will definitely update the product key.