Thread: Windows 7 upgrade freezes at "Transferring files, settings, and programs"

Windows 7 upgrade freezes at "Transferring files, settings, and programs"

I am upgrading my Windows Vista Home Premium machine to Windows 7 Home Premium but when I start upgrading then I am having bit strange problem as it gets freezes each time at the 61 % only. What is the mystery of 61% here, How can it get stuck each time at the same point? It is hangs up when there is "Transferring files, settings, and programs" message on the screen. Can you guys help me to upgrade my machine?

Re: Windows 7 upgrade freezes at "Transferring files, settings, and programs"

There could be some problem with the source itself which you are using to install the windows 7 operating system on your machine. I have noticed such a problem when your CD ROM is not able to read the data from an inserted CD but as installation is in process your CD ROM has been forced to read the data and hence installation gets stuck at one point. It does not abort without any warning nor it is able to move installing further files. I suggest you to use some other source to upgrade your machine.

Many users have mentioned that this issue seems to be happening due to the video card connected with the machine. At the time of dealing with this part of hardware of your machine for new operating system, It gets stuck by some mean. I didn't got the proper logic behind disconnecting such a hardware for installing an operating system. Instead of eliminating them, You may try disconnecting all the things and then reconnect it which has been noticed as working. Even though this does not gets in my mind but still you may try.

I have got one similar kind of thread which has accurately same issue as you are facing while upgrading the version of Windows operating system on your machine. I suggest you to go through THIS thread which has discussed about the same problem only it differs about the place where installation gets hanged. I guess you must get the desired reply according the problem that you are facing.