Thread: Getting error: Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer

Getting error: Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer

Please help me out of this case I am not able to get the situation under control. Actually when I insert the disk on the system for the windows installation and as I click on the install button it gives me the error message saying that “Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer”. I really don’t know what kind of error is and why it popping up whenever I try and install the windows 7 setup.

Re: Getting error: Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer

If you are getting the error then there is definitely something wrong with the system CD or DVD that you have inserted for the installation purpose. I mean to say that if the disk is not proper or it is damaged then it will not support the installation in fact the system will not consider it as a bootable disk. So what you have to so in this case is just that change the disk that you have and then again try the installation.

Re: Getting error: Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer

Well you can adjust the same thing from the BIOS itself. It may have happen that the first boot device is not recognizing the source or the first boot device is being set to the CD ROM or DVD ROM. So what you have to do here is that just go to the bios and then set the first boot device as CD ROM. And then try and see whether it detect the disk.

Well it seems to me that you have to enable the virtual disk before performing the installation and to so the same you have to follow the below mention steps:
    • First of all go to start and then select RUN.
    • Now in RUN you have to just type SERVICES.MSC
    • Then in that you have to look out for the virtual disk services
    • once you will find it then just right click on it and then just choose properties
    • Make sure that the startup Type is automatic.
    • Once you will set it to automatic then you have to restart the system.

I am also facing the similar kind of problem. When I tried to install the windows 7 on my system the setup started and then in between it freezes. I don’t know why it is behaving like this. Please help me in this case and also let me know why I am not able to install the setup even though the source which I am using is not the pirated one in fact it is the original one and used only once.