Thread: Does Windows 7 starts and runs the backup on the laptop that is in the sleep mode?

Does Windows 7 starts and runs the backup on the laptop that is in the sleep mode?

I have the Windows 7 on the laptop of mine and the thing here is that I want to make sure for all the Windows 7 users about the Windows Backup. What I want to know here if Windows Backup will run properly on my system here? I just want to make sure about this. Will it start successfully and will it get complete even if I put the laptop of mine in the sleep mode here. Also will the Backup will proceed if I will close the lid of the laptop. Please let me know about this. I want to make the system of mine to wake up after the Backup gets completed successfully and will be really happy if it can be done in the manner that I have asked here. If there is way to do this please let me know about it here. If there is no way by which the Windows 7 can do it all alone then I think that deploying any third party software here will do the trick and will be really happy to get suggestion for the same here.

Re: Does Windows 7 starts and runs the backup on the laptop that is in the sleep mode?

Well I do not think that you will be able to have the things that you have asked for here. Also in addition to that you have requested for the third party application then let me tell you that in case of the Windows I d o not think that making use of some third party application here will be advisable and hence would suggest you to see something that is from the Windows itself. You have mentioned that you want your laptop to make the backups when it is in the sleep mode then let me tell you on the first occasion that many times the backup fails because the laptop enters the sleep mode and hence I think that it will be great if you can see for something else. Well will let you know about the same if I will be able to dig out something in this respect.

Re: Does Windows 7 starts and runs the backup on the laptop that is in the sleep mode?

On the high note if you want you can try the steps that I have given below and see if that can help you a bit with the situation of yours here. In the steps that I have given below you will be able to see solutions in two parts: 1. To set up the Automatic Backups and 2. Change in the settings of the Automatic Backups. Here are the steps below see if that can help a bit:
    Set up the Automatic Backups
    Well I am of the opinion that you have never used the Windows Backup before so let me tell you that Windows Backup wizard is responsible for making or scheduling the Backup for you and if you want you can make the changes here and make it work according to you. Just see the steps below and proceed with it accordingly:
    • Click on the Start
    • Click on the Control Panel
    • Under the Control Panel go for System and Maintenance
    • Now there you will be able to see Backup and Restore click on this option.
    • Under this you will be required to click on the Set up backup
    • Now after all this you will be required to just follow the instructions that pop up on your screen.
    • See if that can help you in your case.

Change in the settings of the Automatic Backups
    This is the second section where you can make the changes in the settings of the Automatic Backups. Go to the Backup and Restore as was mentioned above. Then you can Click Change settings and make the necessary changes accordingly. Please let me know if that really helped you here.

If you want to have some reference to your problem then you can just have a look here. These are the topics that can help you to understand the exact things that you are facing and I think that hopefully you will be able to fetch out something really important and helpful solution from it just have a look at these: Closing my laptop's lid does not enter sleep mode and Windows 7: Crashes on Resume from Sleep.

You want to have the backup of your laptop and I think that it will be great if you can have the External Hard Drive in this case here. See the steps below and see if that can help you.
    1. Insert the external hard drive into the USB port of your laptop.
    2. Now click the Start button
    3. Then select Control Panel
    4. After this click on System and Security
    5. If all the things above goes successfully then you can click on Backup and Restore
    6. Then click Set up backup
    7. Now from the list of backup storage options choose the external hard drive
    8. Now click on the Next button that pops up.
    9. Choose the files or folders you want backed up
    10. Finally click the Save Settings And Run Backup

See if you can make the Backup in this manner here.

It will be great if you can have the third party application that can help you with running the Backup here. Well try this and let me know if it really helped you. I think that it will be great if you can have Druva inSync for your work. It is the software that can really help you backup all the laptop data. Using this software you will be able to backup all the data 10 times faster. The Druva inSync makes use of the Continuous Data Protection so that it can create restore points. So I am really of the opinion that it will be great to have this in your case and let me see if you can have this working in a proper way for you. With the Druva inSync about 90 percent of the bandwidth will be saved and also you will be able to have the same thing with the Storage as well.