Thread: Laptop Overheats after Windows 7 Installation

Laptop Overheats after Windows 7 Installation

Hi, I newly improved my Gateway laptop from Windows Vista to Windows 7 OS. Through the upgrade, I ran the compatibility program recommended by Windows, and the program secured me that my laptop could handle running Windows 7 without any problem. Though, the upgrade, my laptop overheats and shuts down comparatively a lot. Now, my laptop overheats and shut down basically from using the Internet application. Before the upgrade - my laptop would only roast if the events were blocked and It's possible that the upgrade is not the problem - what do you think I should do?

Re: Laptop Overheats after Windows 7 Installation

Overheating can be caused by numerous factors; clearly you already declared the vent problem. You may confirm to see if you're running impartial or high power. Balanced will frequently stay the processor via the lower load range. It might also be that you may have a heat sink or the fan trouble, which might be the thermal compound, has unsuccessful or it might also be that your graphics chip is overheating.

What you can do is try to download a good quality 'freeware' application called System Information for Windows which provides a complete readout of in its "Sensors" registry. That may give you a hint as to what is happening. The only other thing you may want to verify right up front is whether or not you're using the most recent drivers for your systems ACPI. One final thing is to verify is to make sure you've got the most latest Bios, because that has been recognized to be an problem that can cause the fan or CPU temperature monitoring to not work as it should. This may be 'overload' but wish something helps. it's really annoying when a machine is running hotter than it should, also it can in fact do some serious damage to the CPU and GPU. In addition, a high-quality 'laptop cooling board' does a lot to decrease the heat.

CPU overheating can be caused by the operating system throttling not functioning, as proof by your explanation that the frequency should not be never less then 1595Mhz. it's clearly being distorted by the other operating systems and not Windows 7. Also if you have a vista disc, then try reinstalling it on the laptop, to confirm you don’t lose your money for the windows 7 upgrade, install vista on a desktop, or if you got one previously, just install the upgrade on the desktop. Either way you won’t lose out. And you'll save the laptop. Hope this helps.