Thread: Cannot partition the hard drive with easeus partition master

Cannot partition the hard drive with easeus partition master

Friends, I was trying to partition the Windows XP hard drive with the partition wizard. It was running fine but when I tried to apply the modification then it shows me the error which says "cannot apply changes because C is in use.' I tried to do this many times but every time it shows me the same error message. I am making use of easeus for partitioning the drive. My system is running Windows 7 on it. Please tell me that what is the problem with it and how can I do the partitioning?

Re: Cannot partition the hard drive with easeus partition master

I think that you need to use the bootable operating system to do that. Take the bootable XP CD and insert it to your computer. Restart the computer and boot from the CD. When it comes to the screen where you see all the drive then you can delete any of the partition and create new partition from there. This will be the best way to partition the drive.

If your requirements are diffident then you will not have to use some third-party software for doing this. If you are planning to install Windows7 on SAME Hard disk unit as you by now have XP devoid of wiping out the on hand XP Partition, you require to plan suspiciously, but could have complete this anyhow. It is probable to set up on one HDD unit two Partitions. Both of them are bootable that both have a dissimilar Operating System in them. To begin with, this means that the initial Partition which is having Windows XP will have to not consume all the space in the disk. You will require as a minimum of 50 GB to create into a fresh second Partition to install Win 7. You can make use of Disk Manager for inspecting your accessible Hard disk and make out how the space is allocated. Clearly it will have one Partition which is the current C: drive. If you have only C: drive Partition and Unallocated free Space, you can make use of that space for creating new partition. Actually, I am expecting that Windows 7's Install routine will do this for you.

If all you want to make the bootable Primary Partition on your disk as well as Format it in order that you can install Windows 7on it then I would like to tell you that Windows 7 Install routine will do this on itself. if you are starting through a separate backup which is saved in order that you can clear the old disk, then the Install will do that for you. You begin with the Install routine using CD and an early option that you will prompt is that which disk you want to use? If it is disk that is used previously then you does not want to save. Confirm that you have deleted all the existing Partitions which are there but it should be done before proceeding. Then you inform it exactly how need to create the fresh Partition and also the File System that is to be installed. You should choose NTFS. Now the partition will be created and you can install the Windows 7 on that.

I am agree with the above posts and I am sure that those will help you but if you want to preserve the C: Partition which is existing in your system as well as making a fresh one from free Space where you can install the Windows 7. I think that this is also be achievable. During the install when it shows you the options from where to install then you will be able to spot both the C: drive Partition which is existing and the free Space. Here you have to select the free Space and make a fresh Partition for the installation. The rest of the parts are easy and you just have to follow the onscreen instruction.