Thread: Slow boot when MS-AHCI drivers installed in the system having Gigabyte motherboard

Slow boot when MS-AHCI drivers installed in the system having Gigabyte motherboard

I own a desktop system .I am using Windows xp operating system, if you ask my system configuration , I have dual core processor , 1GB DDR RAM and a solid state drive with 320 data storage capacity Newly I bought an Intel X25-M G2 and connect it with my with my Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5. Because of the fact that only MS-AHCI drivers are capable of passing trim along to the Intel drive I have no choice but to use them. There seems to be a grave trouble with some Gigabyte boards. When I searched this issue what astonished me was that my system hung up for at least 40 seconds. When the computer boots to Windows xp operating system and on reaching the desktop screen , it will boot up at a very slow rate of speed so please let me know if you have any idea about this issue.

Re: Slow boot when MS-AHCI drivers installed in the system having Gigabyte motherboard

If you try to boot into IDE mode or using the ATI AHCI driver it boots right away, without any wait, you will see the windows logo and the screen that comes while booting for 3 seconds. I do not remember at all the rest of the users who are using the MS-AHCI drivers on various system board from different manufactures are not facing this problem. So it looks to be more often than not remote with those having Gigabyte motherboards. I am assuming that this is a gigabyte Bios problem than can expectantly be solved . Maybe this has something related to the AHCI ROM bios. I am quite familiar with Gigabyte with past experience , I do not think it will come up with such serious issue.

Re: Slow boot when MS-AHCI drivers installed in the system having Gigabyte motherboard

Which ahci controller crossing point or an interface are you utilizing with each driver, the msachi.sys driver usually uses the (regular ahci interface) while the amd sys file prefers using AMD/ahci controller interface as an hardware. I was able to use either interface without facing any problem because they coordinated and and the system was booting normally.

A few months ago Gigabyte had made into notice new ahci instructions with a bios update, this came up with new ahci file set also and they work superior than they had worked before in the past history It was difficult to recognize it as a Gigabyte problem as this is entrenched in the AMD SB750 chipset , I did find it astounded that and you discovered that 90% of people utilizing situation of the art devices use Gigabyte.

I also have this problem after turning to ACHI mode, after having a clean installation with my Windows 7-64 . I could boot up very well but not in the expected mode but in the quick in Native IDE mode, and much longer in ACHI mode. Since the only thing I have in common with you is a Gigabyte main board, I don't think it's a memory or driver problem. I have no solutions as of yet, except switching back to Native IDE mode.

You said that when you connect you install this AHCI driver , you are facing a lot of difficulty in booting the system. I do not think that your Gigabyte motherboard is responsible for this slow booting to the windows , and I do not think either that I will be able to isolate the exact reason for your slow booting , but I can tell you about the resolution , it is will sound weird but effective, open the tray of your optical drive and see if it works .

The GA-790FXTA-UD5 motherboard has nice audio and hard drive options and 3 Texas tool driven 1394-A firewire ports. Any user who uses firewire is much more aware that TI generates the finest 1394 i/o. I need not tell you about the USB ports which also includes USB 3.0. And a improved manual. The Gigabyte system board also has better power managing capability . And it also gives 1x PCIe slot free without considering the type of video card you put in it. If you want the best audio and an additional 8 port RAID on the board , you would definitely go for Gigabyte.