Thread: How to run 64 bit on a old computer

How to run 64 bit on a old computer

I am planning on the way to upgrading my dad’s PC to windows 7 ultimate 64 bit home premium as well as he desires each and every one of his previous software reverse on his recently upgraded PC however the majority of his previous software was build for windows 95 or 98 or 2000 which means it is 16 bit furthermore are not compatible by means of his PC.what can I do? Is there compatibility software, or else a ordinary solution that I be able to make use of?Thank you in advance fro nay suggestion regarding to this issue.

Re: How to run old 16 bit on a 64 bit computer

I think Virtual box?or else, if they are dos programs, DOSBOX will as well function. Previous to you wipe up as well as reinstall, attempt installing VMware Player or else Virtualbox as well as install your windows XP Pro inside a virtual machine designed for running your 16 bit software. I advise try to make use of VMWare for ease of use (copying as well as pasting between the VMware furthermore the host operating system is a lot simpler in Player as compare to it is in Virtualbox).

Acquire two hard drives as well as have two Oss installed on my Dell laptop, one on every hard drive.By means of virtualization there is a trouble for the reason that there are not several virtualized drivers, as a result no AA/AF/Vsync, except the game has the alternative, which would be doubtful for a game require virtualization on the way to run. If I am not incorrect, present video cards do not yet encompass hardware maintain for v-drivers.windows 7 32 has yet superior compatibility as compare to windows XP. Someway, Indiana jones as well as the infernal device functions under windows 7 32, however not windows XP 32 bit. Rayman two does not function under windows 7 64 bit, as a result I run it in windows XP 32 bit, however that will not run the infernal machine, as a result I'm going to acquire windows 7 32 at what time I be able to pay for it.

The just means I am familiar with of is, if the program installs well, run it.If the program will not install, after that it will not function at all.If the program starts as well as you at a standstill have troubles after that make use of Windows Compatibility.Go to the C:\\ Drive and open Programs folder and after that see all the way through the catalog of folders for the software producer or else the name of the program not functioning - go into that folder - after that see for the .exe icon. Right click on .exe icon and select properties/ compatibility mode.Mark the top one after windows xp service pack 2, click the drop menu as well as select 95. Go on trying each and every one versions till you hit, if not anything helps after that it just plain will not function on the Operating system.Hope this helps.

Obtain a copy of Virtual Box, or else VMware workplace, as well as set up a virtual machine. You can follow the tutorials to set the VMware. as well in view of the fact that you are making use of the Ultimate version you be able to download as well as install the Windows 7 version of Microsoft Virtual computer along by means of XPM (windows XP Mode).

This may be the best idea but I required on the way to talk about one extra idea that has permitted me on the way to run a small number of programs that make use of 16 bit installers at what time the application itself is 32 bit.Just install the application(Program) to a folder on the desktop of a Windows XP computer, and then copy the folder to program files your Windows 7 box furthermore run it in compatibility mode from there. Now the program is running successfully.