Thread: Laptop responding very slowly after install windows update

Laptop responding very slowly after install windows update

Running windows 7 pro platform in my Acer laptop. While I was turning on my machine it shows a message in my screen that the window is asking me to install 8 new update in my machine. I firmly click on install option but it takes more than 2 hour to install those files, though once it takes only 30 minute to install more than 20 update. Ok fine I just ignore this one, and after complete of installation process it requires for reboot the machine. I did this, now the problem occurs while I back to the windows mode, which was also take a lot time to start the machine, a message was flashing in the task bar. Don’t go for another way I simply reboot the machine, but till the message appearing in the task bar. Along with that it flashes that windows firewall option is turned off, recommend me to turn it on. But while I tried to turn on the firewall option, it takes more time and the machine freezes for few minute, was not able to turn on the firewall. The moral of this post along with the firewall option almost every operation in my machine is responding very slow. What should I do to resolve this issue? Any suggestion will be appreciated greatly.
    Last edited by Westlife; 14-12-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Re: Laptop responding very slowly after install windows update

According to mu knowledge this problem is might be for the firewall option, which is off in your machine. Try to start the machine in safe mode and then go to the windows security option under control panel. If there you will able to do these changes then be sure that the problem is in the windows. And this windows problem might be occurred for the any virus effect, I would like to suggest you to update the antivirus and by this full scan your machine, if there is any virus effect then this will be detected by the scanning. Remove that one from your machine and by this you will be resolved your problem. I had the similar issue, and I found that while I was downloaded the update file of then windows version this three Trojan virus enters into my machine. And by scan the machine, I can very easily remove the virus from my machine.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Make sure that all the process those you are selected are running correctly in the background in your machine. For that got the process tab under task manager and look over there. I am telling this one because there might be more than one instance of program is running in your machine. For this also the problem that you mentioned in your post might occurred. So for this I would like to suggest you if there is any instance of a particular program or application then instantly disable or remove than one from the process.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Restore your machine, but after this you needed to again download and install the windows update files into your machine. One of my friends had the similar issue in his machine but the restore method he solve the problem. So as per my suggestion restore your machine into the desire date where you did not encounter this problem. To restore your machine you need to click on start menu and then from the Accessories locate the system restore option under system tool. Select the desire date and time in which you are willing to restore your machine. Click on restore option. This will ask you for the windows permission, make the permission. After complete the process this might ask you to restart the machine if does not then reboot your machine manually. I hope by this you will be able to solve your problem.

I was having the similar experience in my machine, and after a long search on this issue I found that the problem is occurring for a particular program. And this is Microsoft office, from the installation package of windows update there was also an update file for Microsoft application. This was typically crashed the Microsoft office 2007 application, and I encounter this problem while I was tried to open the office application in my machine. Instantly I consult with the support team of windows via online, and tell them the complete story. And they suggest me to un-install that particular Microsoft update file from the windows update package. So I also like to suggest you to look for, is there any update from the Microsoft organization. Un-install that one and reboot your machine. I think this will definitely help you.

Similar issue with my Dell laptop, which is also responding very slowly after install the update file of the windows vista platform. the problem is occurred while I tried to download some of the windows gadgets from Microsoft web site. First of all the browser open but takes so much time, after that all the process are take so much time. While I click on the download button of any gadget the browser download pop-up screen appear after a long time. This problem was not encountered in my machine before installing the windows update file. So I think the cause should in the windows update files. Am I right? Are there any other tips to solve this issue?