Thread: File copying is slow in windows 7 as compared to windows vista

File copying is slow in windows 7 as compared to windows vista

I have upgraded myself from windows vista to windows 7 on my Acer aspire laptop. The window 7 provides many different types of features as compared to windows vista operating system. I am facing problem while copying the data. When I copy the data from one drive to another drive there is poor performance as compared to windows vista operating system. I want to make the copy fast on windows 7 platform but I am unaware of the steps to make it. Also I need to know about some software if available which can copy the data very fast.

Re: File copying is slow in windows 7 as compared to windows vista

If you are facing slow performance while copying the data on windows 7 platform as compared to windows vista then you need to disable the Remote Differential Compression on your system. The steps to perform it are very simple. Click on start/ Control Panel/ Programs and select “Turn Windows features on or off Compression”. Click on it to open. You need to set it off and then restart the system. Now your copying speed will be automatically increased.

Before copying the files you need to make sure that all the background processes are disabled. You can select the background processes by pressing the ALT, CTRL and DEL button. Windows task manager will start. In the start manager you can select unwanted process and click on end task button to terminate it. You should make sure that while copying the data, you should not try to install any hardware or software. If you are trying to install any software then it may consume processor power and the copying speed will automatically get decreased.

You can make use of teracopy software which is developed for copying the data at a very faster rate. Teracopy is a freeware software available which you can download and install on your system. Teracopy software can be used on all the window platforms. You can also download and install speeder XP software with which you can increase the speed while copying the data. Speeder XP software is used for speeding up other processes in the system which helps to improve the performance.