Thread: My d410pt ubuntu system does not boot up

My d410pt ubuntu system does not boot up

I am utilizing the Intel boards D945GCLF model in my produce. The operation system run by means of it is UBUNTU 9.04 or 9.10. Most recent time I had purchased the innovative board D410PT model. I has endeavor to install the similar way this OS, additional than have comprised a tribulations system does not boot at the entire it`s stopped at BIOS position by means of code 66 (boot apparatus is USB stick by means of liveCD installed on it). When I endeavor to boot by means of external USB DVD drive (by means of the sane liveCD) it`s the entire right. System boot up and then I commence install procedure to an USB stick. Subsequent to procedure finished, I endeavor to boot commencing from these USB stick and have the similar tribulations (BIOS stopped at position). I was endeavor to revolutionize BIOS settings such as "Hard disk Pre-Delay", "Configure SATA as", "USB Legacy", "UEFI boot", "USB Mass Storage Emulation Type" and a number of else in dissimilar combinations, additional than complete a have, this is the revolutionize in BIOS position codes when boot procedure is stopped (I saw 66, 65, 95 and 5A codes). Is these tribulations solve able. BIOS versions or descriptions I am experimented is 0155 and 0159.

Re: My d410pt ubuntu system does not boot up

You might have comprised and encountered this predicament. You have currently updated your Ubuntu. One of to bring up to date was a kernel upgrade, say commencing from version or description 2.6.28-11 to 2.6.28-15, for illustration. Subsequent this upgrade, you rebooted your apparatus for the changes to take consequence. Merely Ubuntu does not come up. You are at present in a shell called BusyBox. as an alternative of the standard shell prompt by means of the intention of displays your username, you observe a prompt for initramfs. Is this the tribulations you are facing subsequent a kernel upgrading, your system is no longer bootable. For a smaller amount experienced users, understanding what went incorrect be able to be difficult. I determine to endeavor to assist you reason out this tribulations, so by means of the intention of you encompass a clear methodology for handling comparable issues in the future.

Many things be able to go wrong. To be capable to resolve the tribulations most of them necessitate to focus our effort. The keyword to our predicament seems to be the words busybox, initramfs and alert messages regarding apparatus/disks not existing. If you refer to Google, you determine to locate a handful of connection by means of the intention of point essentially to Ubuntu discussion, where this predicament is discussed, by means of several solutions presented. At the same time as this gives us a superior lead, I would approximate to postpone utilizing several of the solutions for later. Our first task is to appreciate the tribulations. Most of them have comprised a problem by means of initramfs.

The boot sequence is a long and problematical one. It begins by means of BIOS, which is a fundamental input/output system, burned into the system hardware and is utilized to initialize the hardware apparatus. The subsequent step in the boot sequence is the loading of a extremely diminutive filesystem called Initial RAM File System or initramfs. This is a provisional file system by means of the intention of is loaded into memory and is utrilized to initialize apparatus so by means of the intention of the real kernel be able to load. The initramfs uses an extremely diminutive separation of drivers (called modules in Linux) to setup the hardware. This fundamental set comprise disk drivers, USB drivers and perhaps a small number of additional. These drivers are restricted in a file called initrd.img, under the /boot directory in your Linux installation.

The entire is right, at present most of them understand by means of the intention of something went wrong by means of our initrd.img file, the majority probable. Most of them are in the boot stage previous to the kernel, so there seems to be not anything wrong by means of the kernel. Most of them are past GRUB, so GRUB be supposed to be OK, too. Nevertheless, you be supposed to ask yourselves whether you encompass physically changed no matter which in the GRUB menu during or subsequent to the system bring up to date just previous to the reboot by means of the intention of purchase your apparatus into this state. If you encompass not, then GRUB tribulations are the majority probable not an issue here.

The actual tribulations are the attentive message. The initramfs not be able to locate the apparatus where it expects to locate the actual kernel and consequently it not be able to proceed by means of the boot sequence. The query is, why it not be able to locate the kernel. This is where most of them refer to the primary part of the communication, the common tribulations section. The system presents us four probable solutions, the first three of which are connected to GRUB and the last related to the initrd.img itself. The entire of the recommended make sure are valid things you necessitate to create certain. Let's go commencing from side to side them one by one. Boot arguments, which you be able to observe by running cat /proc/cmdline in the BusyBox shell.

showerscreens Guest

Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Kunal; 20-12-2010 at 02:36 PM. Reason: External Linking is now allowed