Thread: Windows installer not working properly

Windows installer not working properly

I am having a DELL vostro laptop and using it from last few years, recently I have upgraded my operating system from windows XP to windows 7. And when I tried to install the latest version of JAVA then the installation failed n between. In fact it gave me an error: “Error 1723- there is a problem with windows installer package”. I don’t know why I am getting this error and also don’t know how I can solve this. Please help me to solve this issue.

Re: Windows installer not working properly

It may have happen that the windows 7 that you have installed does not support the JAVA software. And that is the reason why it is not letting you to install it on the system. Make sure that you have installed the Ultimate version of windows7. I am sure that it will run in the ultimate version and if it won’t then you have to use the software in XP only, because Windows XP operating system supports such software or languages perfectly.

Well it clearly indicates that the problem is in the windows installer. So what you have to do here is that just update the Windows installer. It happens if the Windows installer is not updated then it tends to give such error. You have to update the same from the official site of Microsoft only. I hope that updating the windows installer will help you to resolve the problem.

I think the repeated installation is causing you this problem. I mean to say that how many times you have tried to install this software and if the count is more than one then definitely the error is correct. Actually when program is not being installed on the system or resisted by the system itself then don’t try and install it forcely. First try and find the reason behind the resistance and then remove the same. In you r case it may have happened that trying to install Java again and again created the issue.