Thread: My eSATA drives is not working properly with windows 7

My eSATA drives is not working properly with windows 7

A moment ago I just upgraded from Windows Vista 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit and my eSATA drives have stopped functioning When I just connect the drive utilizing USB 2.0 it does show it. when I was working in windows vista it works properly but when I upgraded to windows 7.it is randomly loses connection I tried a lot to resolve my problem but every time I am getting my solution so please tell me how can I solve my problem………

Re: My eSATA drives is not working properly with windows 7

Hey first of all you have to check that have you installed a driver for eSATA driver. If not then you first have install driver for it then update the device from the manufacturer’s website. As well install the chipset drivers. Because the problem which you are facing is may occurs if you have never install driver for it. So download driver for it from manufacturer site. After that install it properly on your system. May this will help you to solve your problem.

You can verify for the status of the present device installed by utilizing the below given steps –
    a. First of all press Start, and after that press Control Panel.
    B.then press System and Maintenance and then press System, and after that press Device Manager.
    Note down if Control Panel is in Classic View then you have to double press System, and after that press Device Manager.
    If you are encouraged for an administrator password or for verification, you have to type the password, or press Allow.
    c.In Device Manager, make sure for the device as well as right press the name. After that confirm for the device status listed as well as let me know if any error codes are listed.

You have to make sure that the eSATA drive have a separate AC power supply. You state it working with USB so it is clear the drive works simply when you hookup via eSATA it does not. Even you have to make sure that this drive tries to get both power as well as data off the port. They need a special powered eSATA port as well as your eSATA port may perhaps not be powered. May this will help you to solve your problem.

For that you have to attempt and locate "native sata" option in bios as well as turn it off .you could as well attempt as well as arrange the partitions with several live CD that maintain partitioning as well as observe what occurs after that you could do it along with several kind of linux flavor that comes with a preinstalled partitioning manager for example ubuntu.