Thread: Windows 7 does not turnoff properly after bitlocker encryption

Windows 7 does not turnoff properly after bitlocker encryption

Hello friends, I am using windows 7 Ultimate RC with latest patches, newly I was trying BitLocker drive encryption. I have encrypted my C drive where windows 7 is installed and boot from. Directly I find that windows 7 does not power off correctly. Usually When I try to do shutdown from the start menu, it goes through the shutdown procedure but it does not get power off. On to my system the battery light remains on, power light remains on. Previously when I did not have Bitlocker, it was powering off correctly with all the lights off. And the other thing I found is that, when I do hard shutdown and start my laptop another time, it does not criticize that earlier shutdown was unexpected. Does anyone come across with this trouble? please help me!

Re: Windows 7 does not turnoff properly after bitlocker encryption

For it I think that the supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. Anyhow, this hotfix is proposed to correct the trouble that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix on to the machine that is experiencing the trouble as suggested by you. This hotfix get the extra testing. As a result, if you are not harshly exaggerated by this trouble, I suggest you to wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix. If the hotfix is obtainable for download then get it with Microsoft support and if not contact to Microsoft and have it. Also note that If additional problems take place or if any kind of troubleshooting is necessary then you might have to make a separate service request.

I was also having the problem with it, but I somehow solved it. The volume on Win7 x64 has two partitions that is of C and D. I have Windows on C, and I usually store different data on D. After encrypting the C drive I directly ran into this difficulty, which made me cautious about encrypting D, but after I encrypted D the issue was solved. By default the Windows7 installer makes the hidden little partition that is frequently around 100 to 200 MB that is normally the system, active partition. I recognize that the only profit of setting the system partition separately from the one containing the other 99.9% of Windows files is that it creates using and managing Bitlocker easier. Since I am apparently not using Bitlocker I did away with the small, hidden partition and just have the whole thing that is Windows System related on a lone partition. I am mentioning this only because it is somewhat diverse about my box, and perhaps we have this in common. If you also have everything on just one partition then you can check it with disk manager from the menu Start->Administrative Tools->Computer Management->Disk Manager. If you have the 2nd small, hidden partition then you should probable immediately leave it alone as that is the typical case, and getting rid of it without running into important issues requires some slight of hand. Perhaps you also have some other partition that is not system related then encrypting it will solve your issue. Hope this will help

I will recommend you to disable the BitLocker or decrypt the BitLocker-protected volume, to disable it follow this steps:
    1. Very firstly you should have to be logged on as an administrator.
    2. After that click on to the start menu then go to the Control Panel, in that click on to the Security option, and then after click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    3. After the BitLocker Drive Encryption page, locate the volume on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and then click Turn Off BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    4. From what level of decryption do you want dialog box, click either Disable BitLocker Drive Encryption or Decrypt the volume as needed.

Hope it will work.