Thread: User access control on external Hard Disk

User access control on external Hard Disk

Hello everyone, I have two external HD, brands and different capacity. On one I keep data on the other side of the backup file and some of the first. In this the main problem with Vista is that one of the two. I always activate the AUC for each operation. While the other is never activated the UAC. Given that the two HD are usually off, and turn them just for this type of operation, let me know if you can disable the UAC external HD "indicted", of course keeping it active for the PC normally. Many thanks to those who help me to solve the issue!

Re: User access control on external Hard Disk

I have same issue, not only that, but the files or at least a large part on this hard drive cannot even edit, but I must first move or on the main hard drive to external hd. I tried changing the permissions of HD stubborn, adding users, but nothing happens with this, I try to be the only format it from disk management, but it is not guaranteed to work. I cannot format it because I have got nearly 200 GB of stuff that I do not know where to put many programs including laptops, for now I keep it so, that block is a WD and what is not a problem but I do not know if this can get into something, but the WD is seen as just another hd as external storage generic.

You just try this I am sure you will get the solution for your problem. From "computer" right click on the offending disk, choose Properties> Security> Advanced> Permissions> select your user and click on> change permissions, the next window, click again to your user, then> modify and put the mark in the first entry in the "Full Control". Confirm with OK on all windows and try again disk access. And if you get the solution then please let me know.

Do you know what I did when I was going through the same situation? Of course, everything remained as before the hard drive seems abnormally protected by the system, that I add any other hd still works normally without having to change anything by default. The one that comes to mind is that this WD external hd locked before I had connected to another PC with Vista and had the same problems, I went straight on the new PC without formatting with Seven and continues to have the same problem. If it is inherited from Vista or is owned.

I have also follow the same path but in this I have add little bit more so if you want then you can go for this. In this if I perform the defragmentation utility Seven of all devices and partitions on the pc, after a couple of days in the contents of the disks on all of them are naturally the utility window defragmented to the last defrag, while the mysterious line of HD is defragmented ever written it was possessed. So try this also then you will not face any type of issue in future.