Thread: How to use alternative Linux on Windows vista OS

How to use alternative Linux on Windows vista OS

I would install Linux on my pc. Recently I have windows Vista on my system as an operating system. Remove Vista seems complicated to me, unfortunately. But adding a new hard drive for Linux should be feasible? Is this a solution to escape this trade as to these infections? I heard the version of Ubuntu. " At first glance, it's not very clear. What are the advantages and disadvantages? What can you regret going to Linux? Installation is it complicated, should be as expert as you get there? I'd like to know what you think about this alternative. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Re: How to use alternative Linux on Windows vista OS

I have no expertise on the subject, but some very general knowledge that may help you. It is very easy to test a distribution of Linux without giving up to Vista. Thanks to one of the live CD bootable as commonly found as an accompaniment to various magazines or that can be downloaded directly, and then burn. If you do not want to download and burn, you just buy the latest issue of magazine devoted to "Ubuntu" it contains in fact the distribution "Karmic Koala" both as an installable CD and another bootable. You can test this distribution is very popular, without question your current OS. A distribution of Linux can be a good alternative, provided you're willing to give up various software environments and you know, and you turn to their equivalent "Open Source", some of which have really nothing to envy to software commercial. By cons, you really provide a bit more involved for a proper understanding of the functioning of the OS, it is based on mechanisms and logic far removed from what MS product so far. We can say that it is truly "another world", even if some of the graphical interfaces are available to facilitate any the lives of users.

It is obvious that the download is free of such distributions: this is precisely one of the founding principles of Open Source! Each has its own page. For example, for "Ubuntu", you can start by clicking this link. And it is true that a koala, regarding this I know this much and I hope this will help you in order to get out of from this issue.

So I read a lot about Linux, mostly on "Ubuntu ", which refers to the website of "How does it work" and is a very good article for beginners like me. Very interesting indeed. I can unfortunately not be news but soon It will come. But I want to know that can I download "Ubuntu Karmic Koala" in version 9.10 live cd. I insert the cd, and it works well, I select "Try not to change my computer." The desktop appears, beautiful color. And then everything freezes, mouse keyboard. I tried the Windows Seven, same result. Would it be better to install it now? Maybe you know how to bypass this little problem?

It is the contention that cd works! I selected "without trying to change my computer."
    • -F2 to select.
    • -F3 to the keyboard is in
    • F4-I selected "graphic in safe mode" instead of "normal" that I had chosen previously.

By cons, when I come to the site was built with Mozilla Linux. My username and my password are not recognized? According to information so it is possible that the resolution of this problem lies in shortcuts. "Verify that the partitions are properly mounted. But already I'm struck by the intelligence and simplicity of the system! I would allocate 100 gigabytes and install it for good. Then this will be the turn of the printer. Anyway I would not reverse. I want this to you informed.