Thread: Access Denied when installing drivers

Access Denied when installing drivers

I am getting an error message on my HP pavilion Desktop stating "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver for your device Access denied" while i was installing the drivers for my graphics card. Recently i was facing a problem with my drivers since my graphic card was not detected and hence i thought of reinstalling the drivers so i uninstalled the existing graphic card driver and reinstalled it once again on my system. I need someone who can sort this out.

Re: Access Denied when installing drivers

I have already faced this similar kind of issue on my system the resolution was quite simple. It was enough just to disable anti-virus and windows firewall.The HP monitor uses Plug-and-Play and may not be necessary to install the driver files on your computer. The chance is higher if you are using an HP computer. However, if the computer displays Access Denied messages and Windows does not recognize the monitor properly, Then simply restart the process Plug-and-Play monitor in a less restrictive.

Log on to Windows using an account with administrative privileges. In most of the teams is the normal startup, ie with the first and only account that was created when you configure the computer initially. But if you are using a restricted access account, you must obtain prior administrative privilege to continue.

• Temporarily disable User Account Control:
    • After starting Windows, click Start and type Device Manager in the Start Search field.
    • If more monitors are available, click the plus sign next to Monitors, then select and delete the monitors listed.
    • If the Other Devices category is available, click the plus sign next to Other devices and delete any unknown or generic monitors that are listed.
    • Close Device Manager and restart the computer, logging on with administrative privileges.
    • Windows open and try to find the new hardware on your monitor (Plug-and-Play). If a window opens asking for files, click the Browse button and navigate to C: \ Windows \ System32 or insert the HP My Display disc.
    • If the error persists, go to the troubleshooting page of HP My Display (in English) to download a patch. Read the instructions on this page to download and install the patch.
    • Enable User Account Control.

A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct the problem described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. So if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix. Anyways installing the hotfix will definitely fix this issue.

Well seems like you are using a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 based operating system. As far as i know this error occurs whenever you install a driver that was designed for x86 based computers in a computer that is running an x64 based or Itanium-based operating system. Usually when a print driver is being used. The file may be being used for computers based on the native architecture can not be trying to install the printer drivers that low. Try installing the suitable drivers and get this issue fixed.