Thread: Getting error 0x81000019 while creating shadow copy

Getting error 0x81000019 while creating shadow copy

I am not able to create a backup of the data which I have on my system and whenever I try to do so it give me an error saying that "error 0x81000019". I have tried several times but the same error comes while I try to take the backup. And the same error pops up when it try to create a shadow copy. Please help me to fix this issue it has frustrated me a lot. I am getting this error on my windows 7 operating system and that too with the Intel dual core processor.

Re: Getting error 0x81000019 while creating shadow copy

The first thing I would like to say here is that just checkout with the capacity of your hard disk. Because it may have happened that the memory is full and that s the reason why you are getting this error. Now what you have to do here is that just free the memory spaces by deleting the unwanted data in short free the space for the shadow. The shadow copy that you are trying to create is of more memory than the actual one you have so free it as much as you can. I am sure that doing this will help you to solve the issue.

Actually the backup that you are trying to take involves the system writer that keep the report f the files installed on the system. And if incase there are large number of language packs installed the meta file generated by this writer becomes huge and that is the reason why it crashes. And then the size does not fit on the 100 MB of volume. So what you have to do in this case is just uninstall the language packs if installed any. I hope that removing the unwanted language packs will help you to resolve your problem.

Why don’t you try and take the backup in any external drive. The thing here is that your system is not having enough memory space and which is resisting you to create the shadow copy. Now you can connect a portable disk and then just create a shadow copy in it. I think it will help you solve your issue and also nothing to do with the internal hard drive which will not give any problem to the same.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you have to use any other backup software. There are softwares available in the market that will help you to take backup form the system. So just install that software onto your system and see whether it helps. And if it won’t then you can just keep backup in the CD or any other external source.