Thread: Require Best Remote Access Option

Require Best Remote Access Option

I have read many the comments already. So I required thanking everybody for their immense contributions. My position is a slight unique so I have a few queries. I have a two floor building. On the 1st floor there is warehouse and on the 2nd floor office. I wish to have a desktop on the 1st floor that will not shift and a notebook in my 2nd floor which I will be taking in and out of the office, or functioning with while I am not in the warehouse. The 1st floor PC will contain Windows XP Professional; the one on the 2nd floor has windows XP Home. Both should contain the same copies of the software that I will be utilizing. I often utilize applications which update themselves on the web. For instance, I utilize auction management software which logs into eBay and drags the data for me and inputs it into the program. I as well exercise applications like MS Money that go onto the web and drag data.

Re: Require Best Remote Access Option

I also have the same situation and want to solve the problem. What is the most excellent way to be able to maintain these things in synchronizing on both PCs? At present I am utilizing two laptops running Microsoft windows XP home and a shared folder and I backup the files and save them in the shared folder, after that I take the file on the further PC and run the restore function in the applications. It works, but bliss assists me if I download data devoid of restoring primary later than I switch my PCs. Also, I sometimes contain big volumes of pictures which necessitate to be accessed by both computers, depending on which one I am utilizing for design at the time. Placing them into and pulling them out of the shared folder acquires numerous time.

My problems are that I have items that require being in sync each time I utilize them, and I as well contain big amounts of data or huge numbers of files that I wish access to on both computers. Here is the detail what I have read about so far: PCAnywhere and UltraVNC. Or would Remote Desktop work just as fine? The majority of the over appear to focus on the ability to get control of a further PC. I just require it to transfer files back and forth and keep them synchronized as much as achievable.

Absolutely setup a free account at a dynamic IP service like No-IP, and setup the software which will do an update each time your IP changes. I occasionally utilize a Remote Desktop Connection, but further times a VNC connection is superior since it lets switch user accounts, permits the customer to observe what I am going for remote tutoring. I retiring way from commercial services since I can acquire all my requirements met through free services and software.