Thread: Windows 7 Disk Image Burner missing

Windows 7 Disk Image Burner missing

Hello friends, I had upgraded my windows 7. Anywhere I misplaced the built-in Disk Image Burner. It no longer appears in the context menu for an ISO file. It does not come into view as a selection in Default Programs, and also not found in the Assign File Types. Where can I search it to reinstall or reactivate it? In the context menu for an ISO file, this appears"-exit -isowrite". please need some help

Re: Windows 7 Disk Image Burner missing

Do you have any other CD or DVD burning software installed on to the system? If it is present then it could be that they would have linked themselves with ISO files. I would like to recommend you to choose the ISO file, then right click it, after that select "Open With" option and check if Windows Disc Image Burner is one of the selections. I also would like to recommend you to uninstall the some other CD or DVD burning software you have installed and then check if it restores the Windows Disc Image Burner option. Try to perform it

This will confirm you how to get the 'Windows Disk Image Burner' back into the 'Open with' menu: 1 very firstly look around to the .iso file that you would like to burn, 2. after that perform right click on it to take the cursor to the open with sub menu box 3. Now click on to the 'Choose Default Program’. 4. Then click on the browse option. 5. After browsing type in the address bar: "%SystemRoot%\System32" 6. In that browse to the local system32 folder and press the enter key. 7. In the 'File Name:' field, type in "isoburn.exe" and click onto the open. 8. Confirm that the checkbox is chosen so that this becomes the default. 9. After it click on to the OK, at this you will have it, It must now stay as the default burner for iso's until you install somewhat else. Hope it will work

Try to upgrade the most recent firmware. It seems to me that it is the drive that is having trouble. Verify and check the manufacturer’s website for a firmware upgrade. What is the burning software that you are using? If you have the Nero burning suite then you have CD drive test applications already being installed on to the system. If not, make use of the accessible resources and see if you can find standalone versions of them. There is Nero InfoTool, Drive Speed, CD Speed, see if any of those help with the burning process. also might be issue is with the incompatibility of the type of DVD, and or speed DVD with the DVD.